Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4wd S50!?!?!

hey guys,

im was wondering if it would be possible to swap a s50 into a 325ix and keep the 4wd?? (by possible i mean with not an insane amount of custom work)
    what would be involved and how much would it cost????

thanks alot in avanced!
    -Pieter

It is possible, but it does require a bit of custom work. I don't think anyone on this forum has done it. I've seen video clips of s50 ix's though, so it can be done.

-Erik

Comment

Comment

that is a sexy automobile
        Originally posted by Hawt drift chick
        Yeah, i'm a good dude i swear, i just like to be balls to the wall.

Comment

i dont see why it would be too hard, the crappy part would be making a custom oil pan to run the driveshafts through right?

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
            i dont see why it would be too hard, the crappy part would be making a custom oil pan to run the driveshafts through right?
            Maybe e34 525ix parts could be used.
            Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
            BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
            BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
            BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

That would make one heavy car. The biggest question would be are the 525ix wheels placed at the same spot as the E30,wheels are up front so the angle of the front axels are straight.
              Theres a ton of parts needed from the ix car.
              Last edited by joshh; 12-10-2006, 10:47 AM.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

so its def possible!? does anyone know of where i can find a some info or write up/ forum thread (in english :) ) about ix s50 conversion (or something similar.

thanks

Comment

525ix?

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
                    525ix?
                    not the same style... or power, but ill look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by depape View Post
                      so its def possible!? does anyone know of where i can find a some info or write up/ forum thread (in english :) ) about ix s50 conversion (or something similar.

thanks
                      No, As far as I know there are no s50 325ix's in the US. So, brush up on your German or get really at using a translater.

-Erik

Comment

:( ok maybe a 525ix w/ a s38??? :)

Comment

um they made a e34 525ix?

Comment

It would be cool because it would be rare. However it would also be super expensive! I think a nice turbo kit could give you more horsepower for a much lower price. You could use all that money saved to fix the super-duper expenisive BMW 4wd parts that will break because of the excessive horsepower.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this as much as the next guy, but I bet the IX drive parts won't much like extra horses.
                            My e30 and e28 are both up for sale::

Delphin/Pearl Beige Cabrio- 5 speed
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...04#post1205404

Alpine/Cardinal-5 speed
                            http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...1#post14192741

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                              um they made a e34 525ix?

In Germany they did.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Working...
                              X