• Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with euro S50 swap

hi,

i would like to swap an euro S50B30 in my 88' 325i

i bought the engine with gearbox

but i heard that the speed signal is essential for the vanos
    the speedometer signal must be convert thanks to a device.

have you already encountered this problem

thxxx !
    project 325i 88 S50B30 EURO
    link

read this :

KEMPOWER BMW M speed signal simulationelectronic division is a universal ABS

We developed different BMW M speed signal simulation units

The speed signal input of the original BMW E36 M3 and E34 M5 ECU comes from the original DASH unit, that has converted the speed signal coming from the rear axle sensor.

If we left the original DASH unit out, the ECU misses the speed signal and goes in SECURITY

APPLICATIONS

For racing we prefer another DASH unit

When we have transplanted a E36 M3 3.0 / 3.2 or E34 M5 3.6 / 3.8 engine in another BMW body

We have the solutions :

SPEED SIGNAL ADAPTOR WITH ORIGINAL REAR AXLE SENSOR

order # E0142-BM-09014101 price 150,00 € ex VAT

to be used on the E30 models using E30 speed sensor of rear axle with M3 E36 and M5 E34 engine without the need to use E36 or E34 speedometer, keeping E30 speedometer in function .

also can be used on all E36 models without the use of original Tacho instrument cluster (for example race application)

for all S50B30 - S52B32 - S38B36 - S38B38 engines/ECU's

also other engine transplants in E30 (see list below)

possibility to use this unit without original speedometer, but with rear axle sensor. THIS HAS TO BE SPECIFIED WHEN ORDERED

thxxx
    Attached Files
    link

Comment

Just use the speed signal coming out of the back of the E30 instruments. This is already converted by the E30 SI board and works fine on the Euro S50.

Ian.

Comment

Originally posted by ian332isport View Post
        Just use the speed signal coming out of the back of the E30 instruments. This is already converted by the E30 SI board and works fine on the Euro S50.

Ian.
        The Master has spoken.......

Comment

thanks you Ian !
          link

Comment

Originally posted by ian332isport View Post

Ian.
            If you mean the cluster from the E30, what if your runing a race car. with no OEM conections what do we do then? can we get rid off the signal from the DME by remapping it?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw13fr View Post
              read this :

KEMPOWER BMW M speed signal simulationelectronic division is a universal ABS

We developed different BMW M speed signal simulation units

The speed signal input of the original BMW E36 M3 and E34 M5 ECU comes from the original DASH unit, that has converted the speed signal coming from the rear axle sensor.

If we left the original DASH unit out, the ECU misses the speed signal and goes in SECURITY

APPLICATIONS

For racing we prefer another DASH unit

When we have transplanted a E36 M3 3.0 / 3.2 or E34 M5 3.6 / 3.8 engine in another BMW body

We have the solutions :

SPEED SIGNAL ADAPTOR WITH ORIGINAL REAR AXLE SENSOR

order # E0142-BM-09014101 price 150,00 € ex VAT

to be used on the E30 models using E30 speed sensor of rear axle with M3 E36 and M5 E34 engine without the need to use E36 or E34 speedometer, keeping E30 speedometer in function .

also can be used on all E36 models without the use of original Tacho instrument cluster (for example race application)

for all S50B30 - S52B32 - S38B36 - S38B38 engines/ECU's

also other engine transplants in E30 (see list below)

possibility to use this unit without original speedometer, but with rear axle sensor. THIS HAS TO BE SPECIFIED WHEN ORDERED

thxxx
              so you basicly conect the 2 wires coming out off the diff brown/black, brown/red to ure unit, then from there to the DME & it gets rid off the problem no more speedo issue?plug&play .. would it work if we dont have speedometer? what happens to the wier going in the speedometer?

Comment

E36 s50b30 euro

Hey guys,
                Im michel from lebanon!
                I have an e36 compact 318i m50 swapped!
                U removed the m50 and bought an s50b30 i installed the setup! But i dont know how to wire the speed sensor to make the vanos active! I habe the original dash!
                Can anyone help me?
                Regards

Comment

Originally posted by Michel.kh View Post
                  Hey guys,
                  Im michel from lebanon!
                  I have an e36 compact 318i m50 swapped!
                  U removed the m50 and bought an s50b30 i installed the setup! But i dont know how to wire the speed sensor to make the vanos active! I habe the original dash!
                  Can anyone help me?
                  Regards
                  Run wire from instrument cluster vss output to ecu vss input. Simple as that. The speed is wrong, but at least it would have vss input. The ecu sw needs to be modified for 9 pulses per rotation from the original 48 pulses per rotation.

Comment

But

but i have the original m3 dashboard!!
                    Can u please make it clear again?

Comment

Speed signal

So which color coming from the diff should i wire? And should i wire it in the x20 connector white/black wire? Or another place? I have an original e36 m3 dashboard!
                      Help please

Comment

Working...
                      X