12V backfeed ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12V backfeed ???

something strange is goin on....the brown/grn wire that is goes to terminal 1(fuel pump) relay control, i belive is getting backfed 12V from the main relay??? when i ground it the fuel pump starts and the relay clicks. what would be the remedy get rid of the 12V on that ground wire and get it to terminal 87 green/violet where is should be? im certain because of this, the dme cannont properly control the fuel injectors, ign coils as well as the pump.

im having EXACT symptoms of what had been discovered in this thread...Both my fuel and o2 relays though

Originally posted by Jason89i View Post
    fuel and o2 relays have combined wiring for e36's. check the o2 relay. green wire should be sending 12v directly to the o2 heater. likewise, the red/white wires should be 12v. i would bet that you are not getting the 12v .......and it is causing the red/white wires to backfeed too. disconnect the green/violet wires at the c101 and pull power (via fusable link) from fuse 11 (fuel pump fuse) to green/violet (e36 harness wire) at c101. i capped off the green/violet wire on the e30 side.

car runs MUCH MUCH smoother as the o2 heater element is now working and the o2 sensor is getting the correct readings.

cheers, jason

could some1 point out or make a diagram of how to do that?^^^

Comment

anybody??? this is the one thing holding me back from gettin this baby goin!!!!!

Comment

I've done this and it's simple. You make a direct connection from Fuse 11 (fuel pump fuse) to the green/violet wire on the E36 harness bypassing the x20/c101 connection.

First remove fuse 11, then place bladed insert (typically used to add accessories), which has provision for the fuse and a wire, into it's spot. Then, run that wire directly to the green/violet wire on the E36 harness bypassing the connector.

This worked for me.

Comment

Originally posted by e30_kid89 View Post
          anybody??? this is the one thing holding me back from gettin this baby goin!!!!!
          this was a problem with the o2 sensor relay being back fed. while it did involve the f.p. relay, i have not seen a no-start or no-spark due to fp relay.

here is some additional info on the subject.....

cheers, jason

Comment

Working...
          X