Throttle problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Throttle problem

I have my e36 throttle cable all hooked up, but when I press my foot on the throttle pedal all the way, the throttle body doesn't open all the way up to the 90 degrees. It opens at most, 40-45 degrees.

You should be able to adjust it at the throttle body, if not shorten the cable.

That is what I had to do with my setup (shorten it)

Comment

I thought is was a plug and play thing, I never thought I would have to shorten it... Which end did you shorten?

Comment

maybe I'll see if I can adjust the throttle body.

Comment

Don't adjust the throttle body! No sense messing with something that doesn't need to be messed with. Take a look at the Bentley, they state that you should make the adjustments with the throttle cable and NOT the linkage.

Just adjust the cable. It has a little screw fixture that you turn to lengthen or shorten the pull. Try that first.

If that doesn't work just shorten the cable a bit. It's not hard to do. You shorten the throttle body end.

Comment

How far is it supposed to open? Should it be a full 90 degrees? Mine opens maybe 85 degrees or so.
            Rollin' with a Geistkuchen

Comment

It should be open 90 degrees when the throttle pedal is floored.

Comment

Don't adjust the throttle body! No sense messing with something that doesn't need to be messed with. Take a look at the Bentley, they state that you should make the adjustments with the throttle cable and NOT the linkage.

Just adjust the cable. It has a little screw fixture that you turn to lengthen or shorten the pull. Try that first.

If that doesn't work just shorten the cable a bit. It's not hard to do. You shorten the throttle body end.
                I know not to touch the throttle body... I wouldn't even know where to begin with it anyways. But I already tried to adjust the throttle cable with the screw fixture, didn't work so I guess I will just have to shorten the throttle cable.

Which end do you guys sudjest I shorten?

Comment

Shorten the throttle body side.

Of course a new cable is only like $25, how much is your time worth? :)

Comment

any body has pics......cuz im going thru that same thing.........

M52 |S52 Cams|E36 Rack Swap|GC Coilover Kit |. . . . . . . . . More To Come

Comment

I'll post a picture of what I did tonight.

Comment

please........cuz i dont know if has two gornets.....or waht.......

Comment

here's a picture of what I did, notice the wire connection crimped around the throttle cable.

Comment

thanks it help alot......but i didnt crimp anything.........if you screw the back end it will get tight.....i just didnt know where to push the gronet in at...........Thanks ALot man..........

Comment

Working...
                            X