early trans(sheet metl) mated to m50?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

early trans(sheet metl) mated to m50?

ok so most of you m50 guys who are using your 260's have just twisted your shifter rod correct to make it sit staright do to the bolt holes being off centered on the bell housing to block. I trannys have little ears that are mounted on top of it,do the e models 260's have these ears. and is there any way to swap out the slector rod and brackets from a i's 260 to a e's sheet metal tranny?

hmmmmm
    1985 s50b30, 91 front and rear valence, e30 m3 suspension, advance design coilovers, GC camber caster plates full solid bushings alla round, adjustable rear arms, ireland sways front and back, ireland big brake kit front and back , team dynamics wheels, 24lb injectore ltw fly, intake , headers, exhaust, so forth so on......

I thought they were exactly the same...or I don't understand your question. Sheet metal tranny??
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

the early eta 260 has the little ears on top of it to mount the cast aluminum shifter linkage, as well as the sheet metal mounting points

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Deagle View Post
        the early eta 260 has the little ears on top of it to mount the cast aluminum shifter linkage, as well as the sheet metal mounting points
        Not all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          Not all of them.
          exactly,some do? is there a year range????
          1985 s50b30, 91 front and rear valence, e30 m3 suspension, advance design coilovers, GC camber caster plates full solid bushings alla round, adjustable rear arms, ireland sways front and back, ireland big brake kit front and back , team dynamics wheels, 24lb injectore ltw fly, intake , headers, exhaust, so forth so on......

Comment

Not sure. I swapped mine for a 250.

Comment

can any body else verify that eta trans and what year have the tranny ears on top of the bell housing. i know some eta motors dont and some do.

Comment

My 85 eta , i think June model it has no vibration dampener, the small gubio, the sheet metal shifter, and the provision for an aluminum shifter linkage

Comment

ETK says that all e30 manual models prior 9/85 should have sheetmetal carrier for shifter.
                  Current:

BMW 320i 2d 2.0 m20 -88
                  BMW 325i Cabriolet 2.5 m50 -88
                  BMW 316i touring 1.6 m40 -90
                  BMW 320i 4d 2,2 m54 -01

Comment

my eta tranny has them.....

Comment

Working...
                    X