US S50 M3 cams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US S50 M3 cams

I have a line on a pair of S50 US M3 cams. How do I tell if they are genuine? Any markings I should look out for?

Ask for pictures of the part number. Watch for scoring on the lobes, some scoring on the journals is ok.

Comment

Sometimes it's better to pay a few dollars more and buy from a reputable person. Funkmasta especially. Really, unless I was a expert in a particular part, I would just get a part I know to be the real McCoy from a real seller who will make it right if things go south.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

S50 cams

Isn't there anyway to tell for sure that the cams come from an S50? To an untrained eye one set of cams look the same as any other.

Comment

yes via part #'s
          S50 intake is 1 738 369 the exhaust are the same at 1 718 888 and the M 50 intake is ? I gave you the number for a NV M50 intake sorry. Oh the Exhaust on the NV head is the same as the S50 cam.
          Last edited by SchnellerVert; 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM.

Comment

And where are these part number markings on the cam?

Comment

In between 1 and 2 on the exhaust and between 3 and 4 on the intake. Ask Trent for a picture of his M/S variant.
              Last edited by SchnellerVert; 01-26-2007, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X