? for anybody with an m50 out of the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? for anybody with an m50 out of the car

I need to know how tall the engine is from the bottom of the pan to the highest point, how wide, and how long it is with or without the tranny attached?
    I need to yank the m50 out of my dad's parts car, but don't have a truck so trying to figure if I could fit it in any of the other vehicles. Thanks
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

I just rented a small motorcycle trailer from U-haul, it was only $12.

Otherwise it should fit in the back of a minivan. Depending on the van, there should be enough ceiling height for the hoist boom.

Comment

With the exhaust manifolds and that side's motor mount off, it will lay pretty flat. I don't have one out right now, sorry.

Comment

I can take some measurements tonight (im at work right now) but it should fit in most any minivan or SUV

Comment

I really just need measurements, I know it will fit in my dad's van, but I don't know when I could borrow it. My Mazda has a pretty large trunk and fold down rear seat so trying to see if I could squeeze it in there(I got a rear quarter panel, trunk, and rear e34 bumper in there at the same time:D ) The engine is completely ready to come out, so I need to get it out soon and too my house before I loose access to my engine lift.

Comment

i put a complete m20(no tranny) into an e30 with the pass seat out. fit perfectly.:D
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Go to Uhaul, get a cargo van for $20. Why try to cram a dirty, greasy engine into the trunk of your car to save $20???

Comment

Because it's $20 + .60c times mileage + optional insurance + gas + being on a timeline of doing it all in one day + having someone to take you there, renting, and having someone with you to return it.
                Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
                EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
                FullOpp Stickers for sale!
                NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
                Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
                ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

But, cramming an M50 into your trunk is so easy... ;)

Comment

ah I could care less if the trunk of the mazda gets dirty, that car hasn't been washed in 2 years and has mold growing on the paint:rofl:

Comment

these are fron a partially disassembled 94 m50, w/o intake/exhause manifolds
                      with the fan on w/o tranny around 31" long
                      with no accessories, but with some brackets about 14" wide, with accessories, probably 24"
                      32" tall with 525 oilpan, and bar valve cover

Comment

thank you, now to measure the mazda

Comment

dude idk about you but those bi***es are hevy as a mofo i lifted mine in to my dads truck and then off the truck and then had another friend help me put it on an engine stand but in and out of a mazda trunk with all that moving and craming.
                          It has to wheigh like upwards of 300lbs, and im not week i swam four years in high school, im short but strong, and it really wasnt all that fun getting it into my dads truck so i would just barrow the minni van that would be the best you dont have to go as high as that truck. Yet no cramming and ramming homes.
                          But if you do get it into the back of a mazda you need to take pic. I want to see how much that thing sags, (what mazda)?
                          Edit: I just saw you have it in your sig
                          im not sure what a 626 looks like ive never seen one but i would have to say that it really would not be funn
                          Last edited by B3M2W5; 02-28-2007, 10:39 PM. Reason: Oops

Comment

well an engine lift and load leveler make life easier:ohsnap: Either way a friend may be letting me borrow his truck this weekend

Comment

I've had a short block in the back of my grand cherokee before, I put a peice of 3/4 ply down first as I didnt think the spare tire cover could hold the weight, plus the jeep smelled like dohc for a week, and there is no better smell than that lol

Comment

Working...
                              X