E34 M50 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E34 M50 questions

ok, so I have a neighbor with an M50 out of an E34 ('94). now my question is why do people preffer the M50 from the E36?
    What would the major differences be with using the E36 M50 and the E34 M50? (i know the E34 already has the front sump pan)

-thanks in advance guys

91-318i SOLD : (
    91-318IS for sale
    95-740i DD
    84-Monte carlo SS Under construction
    90-T-bird Supercoupe DD

the wire harness is shorter but it works. Thats about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-h...wE3UqwjjmaTrXg

Comment

You will need a set of e36 mounting arms.

Comment

Those arms are kinda tuff to come by used too. Only place i found besides the dealer was euro depot.

Ive got an e34 motor and it should be in this weekend. Ill let you know how it goes.
        -Chris

Comment

man, are you serious about not being able to find e36 mounting arms? shit, if anyone is in need of a pair or 3 shoot me a pm.
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
            man, are you serious about not being able to find e36 mounting arms? shit, if anyone is in need of a pair or 3 shoot me a pm.
            yah i posted a WTB on BFC and got a set in a couple days...
            IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Damn it. What did you guys pay for them?
              -Chris

Comment

I paid $20 for my arms
                Eric
                85 325e M50 and auto to manual transmission conversion...

Comment

Arms are easy to source, even fron the dealer they're not THAT bad. Brake boosters are the big problem these days, at least for me.
                  sigpicFormer professional wrench thrower.
                  Current:
                  1988 325is S52
                  Former:
                  2008 Sparkling Graphite M3 Sedan(victim of home ownership)
                  1988 M5
                  1996 328is

Comment

Damn it. From the dealer theyre like $40 each IIRC. i got both of mine for $57. So, i got the motor in with no problems, it looks like the ecu plug will get in the glovebox area no problem. Also with the e34 harness, the 02 sensor plug is on the wrong side. im not sure if its like that on the e36 ones too but its annoying.
                    -Chris

Comment

Yeah the E34 ecu plug fits into the glove box area, thats where I put mine. I didn't have any problems tucking O2 sensor wire up out of the way. I used the cats from the donor E34 too.
                      Eric

Comment

Thats sweet. I didnt have the luxury of getting the e34 cats. I did get the down tubes to right before the cats. Its going to be a good time getting it mated to the e30 exhaust :) . I should have enough to get the job done.
                        Did you use thr eyeball arms? Did you have a hard time with clearance? I read some stuff about them and about the clearance with out them but no real answers.
                        -Chris

Comment

Yeah I used the treehouse racing eyeball arms. No problems with clearence for me at least. Ive seen if you use the factory lolipop CABs you're going to have to have the down pipes modified so they fit.

Originally posted by So Live View Post
                          Thats sweet. I didnt have the luxury of getting the e34 cats. I did get the down tubes to right before the cats. Its going to be a good time getting it mated to the e30 exhaust :) . I should have enough to get the job done.
                          Did you use thr eyeball arms? Did you have a hard time with clearance? I read some stuff about them and about the clearance with out them but no real answers.
                          Eric

Comment

Working...
                          X