e34 oil level sensor delete panel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e34 oil level sensor delete panel?

I bought a new e34 oil pan and obv it didn't come w/ an oil level senor. And there really isn't a point to me buying one b/c from what I read you have to have a e34 harness to wire it in and its not really that importaint anyway. So I heard there was an oem delete panel that just covers the hole. I called up my local stealership and they found the part in their pictures but there isn't a part # for it and they didn't know what to tell me. What do you guys do? Does anyone know that plate's part # or should I just make something lol.
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Your local dealership parts guys are not real sharp are they?

Cover Lid - 11 13 1 726 357
    O-ring - 12 61 1 277 129

Matt
    sharp dealership parts guy

Comment

ha thanks, did you do this w/ your swap?
      ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I may have a sensor I can donate, unless Miracle Matt or FredK da Sensei has a trick to unstick the float and make mine work. ;)
        Originally posted by 325Projectz
        don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
        :nice:

Comment

I used the block off dealie.

Comment

cool deal

I found out that turner makes a plate that fits there too, so you can put in an oil temp sensor. Its real nice but its like $80 lol. Do you remember how much the bmw plate is matt?

Comment

$10 ish

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.SWISS View Post
                I may have a sensor I can donate, unless Miracle Matt or FredK da Sensei has a trick to unstick the float and make mine work. ;)

FredK the Sensei sounds a lot cooler than Miracle Matt. I mean, what kind of miracles does this guy perform, besides telling you to RTF(ET)M!
                :finger: :jk:

Unfortunately he came through already on the blockoff plate. I have a similar situation with a coolant level sensor that's sorta gummed up and works when it feels like working.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

drill and tap the fucking plate for an oil temp sensor, big whoop

Comment

Originally posted by trent View Post
                    drill and tap the fucking plate for an oil temp sensor, big whoop
                    The TMS one is neato because it keeps the sensor off the pavement...

I dunno about you but my pan is fucking low.

Originally posted by FredK View Post

FredK the Sensei sounds a lot cooler than Miracle Matt. I mean, what kind of miracles does this guy perform, besides telling you to RTF(ET)M!
                    :finger: :jk:

Unfortunately he came through already on the blockoff plate. I have a similar situation with a coolant level sensor that's sorta gummed up and works when it feels like working.

You noticed my style!

Check panel sensors are for the weak. Check your oil and coolant once a week or something. Just make sure you check your coolant cold... that can be messy....

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                      The TMS one is neato because it keeps the sensor off the pavement...

I dunno about you but my pan is fucking low.

then drill and tap the side of the pan if you are scared

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post

Check panel sensors are for the weak.
                        To me it's all about having everything neat and functioning like it was pre M50. This to me is a mod, not a trade off.

Comment

if you start with a 318is then you don't have to worry about any of that stuff, they were stripped down pretty good. I don't even have tweeters in my door :(

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                            if you start with a 318is then you don't have to worry about any of that stuff, they were stripped down pretty good. I don't even have tweeters in my door :(
                            I didn't either when I started. 89 325i's were not exactly loaded.

Comment

Did OP end up grabbing the delete plate from the dealership? ECS also sells it

Comment

Working...
                              X