Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 2 issues please!

89 325i with 95 s50.

(1) The engine idles rough until warmed up.

(2) The windows, blower, aux fan and several other items work when the
    ignition is in accessory but not when the engine is running.

I lose power when the engine is running at the K5 K6 & K7 unloader relays.
    I have been through the ETM many times and my eyes are crossed. I know the solution is there but can't see it.

Would someone point me in the right direction please?

Checked for any vacuum leaks?
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Yes, checked and rechecked for vacuum leaks. It only runs rough until it warms up a bit. I did have vacuum leaks when I first got it running. I'll check again.

Comment

Originally posted by croatan View Post
        89 325i with 95 s50.

(1) The engine idles rough until warmed up.

(2) The windows, blower, aux fan and several other items work when the
        ignition is in accessory but not when the engine is running.

I lose power when the engine is running at the K5 K6 & K7 unloader relays.
        I have been through the ETM many times and my eyes are crossed. I know the solution is there but can't see it.

Would someone point me in the right direction please?

there is a blk/grn wire that comes off the starter. it goes from the starter, through the c101 connector, to the k5-k7 unloader relays (the windows, blower, blah blah.) when the car is in the "start" position, the blk/grn wire is energized, and turns off the k5-k7 unloader relays.

it sounds like your car is getting power to the blk/grn wire in the "run" and "start" position.

i would take a diode test light and see when that blk/grn wire is getting voltage. double check its position on the starter.

cheers, jason

Comment

Thanks for the replys especially Jason89i. The B/G wire was disconnected. Now workie. Rough idle next, then finish exhaust and put all the little things back in their place. If anyone is interested I'll post pics when job complete.

Comment

Working...
          X