Car won't start, fuel relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car won't start, fuel relay

Hi Guys, this is my first troublesooting post.

I have a 89 e30 w/ a 94 M50 (dme does not have ews)

I have everything hooked up the right way, but my fuel pump relay is not clicking over. I am not getting signal from the dme. My main relay works, my fuel lines are right on, my fuel pump works and everything seems to be in check.

I had a problem, that I wasn't getting any power to pin 7 ign switch, so I jumped 12 volts to it and the car fired right up. So I fiqured out that because I wasn't running the obc anymore I had to jumper the c104 connector under the dash. I had 12v w/ the acc, but in start and run I don't. Does pin 7 need power w/ acc, start and run? I would think so.

There is long story to this car. It's an 88 w/ a 89 chassis harness. On the first time I started it ( M50 swap), I forgot to remove pin 20 from the abs and fried some wires into the fuse box and underneth the dash. I swapped out the whole chassis harness w/ a 89 harness. I am not running Cruise control, abs or the obc.

Thanks Guys, Tony

Bump.

I've been in contact with Tony on this one, and I'm stumped. Anyone got any opinions on this???

Comment

I got the windows to work. k5 k7 relays are working

I think my problem is something w/ the alternator wire (pin 1) to the instrument cluster. I am not getting any voltage on pin 1, in start up or accy.

I also think, the turn signal switch is wired into the ignition switch.

I have to do more testing tonight

Comment

It sounds like you are making progress. Damn fried harnesses screw everything up.

Comment

Turn signals work. When I tried to test out the starting problem my multi meter ran out of juice.

I just wanted to recap my problems.

I am getting 12v to pin 7 (green wire) only w/ ign turn to accy. I am not getting any voltage in start. Is this the way it is?

Should I be getting 12v to pin 1 (blue wire) w/ ign on accy, start and run?

Comment

Working...
          X