No announcement yet.

Fan options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using the stock aux fan with the euro mounting brackets and no a/c condensor. I also use the smaller 318is radiator and I have no cooling problems at all. I can turn on the fan with the a/c \button which I do manually to keep it cool. No problems, works great!

Comment

I'm using a 16'' slimline on my e36 radiator as a puller. There's about .3'' from touching the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
        I'm using a 16'' slimline on my e36 radiator as a puller. There's about .3'' from touching the engine.

Ill look into that one too... thanks
        e30sport.net
        '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
        '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
        '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

I apologize in advance for the bump, but I'm looking for the part number for the euro fan and clutch that is recommended in the ORCA CD and I can't find mine. TIA.
          1987 BMW 325is | Frankenmotor S50 | Supersprint Replica Headers | K&N Intake | Gutted Stock Midpipe | Zimmermann Rotors | Stainless Brake Lines | Porterfield Racing Pads

Comment

Here I am reading and thinking about your s54 car overheating...

Then I realize it's a thread bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post

Then I realize it's a thread bump.
              I want to get a fan in the car before that starts happening... ;)
              1987 BMW 325is | Frankenmotor S50 | Supersprint Replica Headers | K&N Intake | Gutted Stock Midpipe | Zimmermann Rotors | Stainless Brake Lines | Porterfield Racing Pads

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                Ha, me too.. Gave me a bit of a scare.

Comment

Just an FYI

I went with the 16" pusher and it worked fine. It really is a great fit in the space there.

I am trying to replace it with a mishimoto e36 rad with a Spal puller fan. No word of this is going to completely work.
                  e30sport.net
                  '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                  '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                  '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

The part number is 11522243303 and it looks like is should bolt up to the stock clutch. I have one on order and I'll let you know how it fits!

Here is the thread that I found most of the info at!

Cheers,
                    Chris
                    E30 325i 24v, E36 M3/4/5, MK2 GLI 16v, NA8 Miata
                    Prestige Auto Repair
                    Mercedes-Benz|BMW|MINI
                    prestigegermanrepair.com

Comment

I'm still trying to decide on the cooling for my M50 swap but I am hearing overwhelming advice to go electric and delete the fan/clutch.
                      What model/size fan definitively works (i.e. SPAL 14 or 16?) and is it better to be in front of the radiator pushing or behind the radiator pulling??
                      A link to what to purchase would be much obliged.
                      THx much.

Originally Posted by Blunt
                      I've done this so much I have a toenail on my dick.

Comment

Originally posted by red911turbo View Post
                        The part number is 11522243303 and it looks like is should bolt up to the stock clutch. I have one on order and I'll let you know how it fits!

Here is the thread that I found most of the info at!

Cheers,
                        Chris
                        Sick, thanks.

As for the electric vs mechanical debacle, I'm not touching that with a ten foot pole. I want mechanical, so I'm buying mechanical.

Comment

I also went with a SPAL pusher fan and you can make it fit the stock e30 condensor.

spal part number or model # VA08-AP71/LL-53S (12V e1 022760)

Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I did a 24v replacement, swapped from mechanical on the first engine, to electric on the second. Noticed a 25-30% drop on temp gauge.

Comment

Well, I will be honest, I just want my car to stay at operating temperature. If I notice a drop in temp from that, it's grounds for concern.

Comment

Originally posted by triggrhaapi View Post
                                Well, I will be honest, I just want my car to stay at operating temperature. If I notice a drop in temp from that, it's grounds for concern.
                                X2
                                Engine temps are controlled by the thermostat. If you are running hot while driving you have other issues. The fans only help when the engine is being run VERY hard or when sitting.
                                E30 325i 24v, E36 M3/4/5, MK2 GLI 16v, NA8 Miata
                                Prestige Auto Repair
                                Mercedes-Benz|BMW|MINI
                                prestigegermanrepair.com

Comment

Working...
                                X