No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a kid with a spray paint can lol. nice looking though cant wait to hear it.

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

anyone know where this coding plug goes?, i searched with no luck

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
        anyone know where this coding plug goes?, i searched with no luck
        the coding plug is behind the light bar...or whatever its called.

you need to take off the cover on the FRONT of the cluster :)
        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

sweet, that makes more sense now. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
            the coding plug is behind the light bar...or whatever its called.

you need to take off the cover on the FRONT of the cluster :)
            You sure?

On my 325i (89) it was in the front on the bottom right hand corner.
            Originally posted by 325Projectz
            don't listen to the diagram... listen to mr. swiss.
            :nice:

Comment

any other opinions?? again, this is an m42 cluster from a 91. i thought i read that this e30 m20 coding plug is needed to make my m42 cluster run properly on my s52.

Comment

this is the plug you gotta change
                sigpic
                '89' E30 with Euro S50B30

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhh i didnt see that there, thanks for the pic!

Comment

Yeh, sorry I couldn't get a pic for but that is what I meant by "behind the light bar."
                    IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

The manifold swelling when you give it throttle is normal, I've had 24v e30s exhibit that behavior. Some manifolds have more 'ribs' than others and are probably stronger and won't deform.

Run the codes on the car to check for a bad O2 sensor, if it's not that and you're idling fine then I'd start the troubleshooting.

Did you connect the vacuum valve at the booster backwards? That would keep you from getting assisted brakes. Also, this may sound silly but did you adjust the fork at the booster to the proper distance so that it's not applying the brakes without your foot on the pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson View Post
                        The manifold swelling when you give it throttle is normal, I've had 24v e30s exhibit that behavior. Some manifolds have more 'ribs' than others and are probably stronger and won't deform.

Run the codes on the car to check for a bad O2 sensor, if it's not that and you're idling fine then I'd start the troubleshooting.

Did you connect the vacuum valve at the booster backwards? That would keep you from getting assisted brakes. Also, this may sound silly but did you adjust the fork at the booster to the proper distance so that it's not applying the brakes without your foot on the pedal?
                        bryson, i didnt adjust the fork, but i adjusted the throttle, the fork seemed to connect just like the stock one did. how exactly do i adjust it? the vacuum valve, again i have no idea, where exactly is it on the booster? you have any idea how to run codes without the check engine light working lol ill have to buy a diagnostic port reader. thanks for your input!

Comment

the vacuum valve, again i have no idea, where exactly is it on the booster?
                          Oh dear, don't say you didn't put in the checkvalve... it's a small plastic disc that goes inline in the booster vacuum line to prevent it from losing vacuum when the engine isn't generating any or less

Comment

ahhhhhh ya ya i put it back on from the e30, i actualy took it off and replaced it with a hose without the checkvalve just to see it it made a difference for my brake isuue and it made no diff.......but i didnt put it back on...so i better go change that back! any more input boys????

bigD - how big are our grins going to be when we line up evenually this summer? lol!

Comment

ahhhhhh ya ya i put it back on from the e30, i actualy took it off and replaced it with a hose without the checkvalve just to see it it made a difference for my brake isuue and it made no diff.......but i didnt put it back on...so i better go change that back! any more input boys????
                              Which way did you have it on though? If you had it backwards it's the same as not having it.

bigD - how big are our grins going to be when we line up evenually this summer? lol!
                              Don't countcher chickens n shit... I'm so anxious for the exhaust appointment tomorrow... can it really be so close to being done? It's totally gonna break down on the way there or something...

If not though, and you get yours sorted out, bring it to Mt Tremblant August 9th, we'll get it on. Otherwise we can line up all the way to limit + 10. :)

Comment

good point, ill take a pic tomorrow i honestly dont no if its on right, i think i put it back on the same way it came off the 318.

i no i no, but im waaaaaaaaaay to excited right now!! i brought the exhaust today with me for my mechanic to install....lasst! when it runs right, its video time, it will be on the perfect street to beat the piss outa!
                                bigD i think i saw randy post somewhere that bimmercruise is on aug 24, theres also a dyno day or something, ill see you then for sure!and im NOT in for a high speed run, i dont wanna loose my license, im getting married next year lol!!

i installed the encoder today..............wow i cant believe there wasnt a DIY on this, plug and play has never been easier. theres no way i would pay 80 bucks for the aftermarket piece.

Comment

Working...
                                X