• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattdk318i View Post
    vanos
    Ah.. thanks.

Comment

alrighty, i think ive found a DIY exhuast setup for this swap, i fitted the exhaust just to see how it would end up length wise...and its perfect length, finally something worked out on this swap, i fitted the supersprint resonator to the headers for good, but i didnt have the gay clap that connets one of the pipes to the cat back, but i did start it for shits and giggles. you guys are going to kill me for not having a sound clip but it sounds perfect, nice and quit at idle and not annoying opened up. i should have it installed with pics tomorrow, or i might have some patience for my friend to weld the 2 hangers i made for the AA cat back.

to answer the adjustment of the booster, the bastards at zionsville dont thread the end fork like it shows in the cd, they weld it on, so i cant adjust it unless i bend the fuck out of the brake pedal. not sure what to do with it....

bigD you get your fuel pump yet?

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
        bigD you get your fuel pump yet?
        Yup, just finished putting in the in-tank (put in the outboard and filter in last night). It's a rocketship. :) I worked up from 2nd through 4th, dunno how fast I got up to, I was too busy keeping it straight lol

Comment

i like that answer

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
            Yup, just finished putting in the in-tank (put in the outboard and filter in last night). It's a rocketship. :) I worked up from 2nd through 4th, dunno how fast I got up to, I was too busy keeping it straight lol
            good to here mister! exhaust is all done, seems to run better when i can here myself think! sounds perfect!

Comment

How about a little more detail on the exhaust DIY that you did.
              sigpic
              1990 E30 325ic (sold for more than I paid for it after 5 Years)
              1995 E30 325e (in progress)
              1987 E30 325is (totaled)
              1990 E30 325i
              1991 E30 318is M50 PWR
              1996 E36 328ic
              1997 Z3
              2006 F150 Super Crew 5.4L 6.5' bed The work horse (need something to drag all these old BMW's home for resurrection.)

Comment

i forgot my camera when i did the exhaust but ill have some soon, pretty straight forward, fleabay headers into supersprint e36m3 resonator, AA gen III cat back. popped out the rear of the bumper perfect length(although i am using a AV3 rear bumper). used the factory e30 muffler hangers. also used factory e36 clamps to connect cat to resonator.

Comment

alright drove it today with the exhaust on....its a fucken rocket! its not running lean, my meter must be screwed up. the only thing is the gears are kinda long with the 2.93, but ill need it when the blower is on, right now i can almost hit 100 in second gear, ill deal with it! videos coming soon.

Comment

Good stuff buddy. So you were just being over-paranoid? I guess you just set your expectations a bit high - it's still only 240-280hp, it'll make for a very fast car in an E30, but still no supercar (esp with your tall gearing). Your blower on the other hand... btw my car will hit 100 in second. I have a 3.25 but I also have slightly oversize tires (235/40/17). You can rev this thing to 7k.

Comment

ya serious paranoia lol! i had higher expectations from driving qimis's e30 s50 with the 3.73 gearing which was a rocket in 1st and 2nd. im trying to book a dyno run sometime this week, that will tell the story before the blower.

Comment

ya serious paranoia lol! i had higher expectations from driving qimis's e30 s50 with the 3.73 gearing which was a rocket in 1st and 2nd. im trying to book a dyno run sometime this week, that will tell the story before the blower.
                        Right on. I'll dyno mine after the track days, if it's still alive. :P

Comment

exhaust vids are up, i have alittle rattle in there i have to fix.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                          Last edited by windsor318is; 07-14-2008, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Just to clarify your "lean" issue ended up being your wb02 meter? or did I miss something??

Man just reading through all this is exhausting, props to you for the drive to get it done!! Congrats man!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

ya still showing lean, but my meter is wrong cause i changed it to 5 bar and it was still showing lean which is imposible. i also drove it down the street like that and i was blowing black real bad, so i was rich for sure.
                              once i but the exhuast on, it was night and day, i dont think these motors like running open header.

now i need to make phone calls for insurance, get this thing dynoed so i can throw the blower on now, no sense in wasting time, im bored already lol

Comment

once i but the exhuast on, it was night and day, i dont think these motors like running open header.
                                I remember taking just the catback off of my e36 325i and being amazing at how much power the car lose. It had absolutely no torque.

Comment

Working...
                                X