My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30serg View Post
    Oh crap-sorry for the off-topic! Yeah, sounds like a 4.10 would be too low. I'm going with a 3.25lsd myself. They're found on e28 535is'. Swap the cover and output flanges and you're good to go.
    Keep the old output flanges if you want to use the bigger half-shafts out of a z3 (I think?)
    Hopefully someone will read it and learn something new from one of us's posts as we went back and forth :D
    I'd like to think we contributed something, in a very roundabout way

Comment

Heh. It makes for fun reading right?... right? :D

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
        so basically...........get a 2.93lsd lol
        I dunno, depends how much boost you're gonna run. I'd still get the 3.25, it's a really nice final gear for this car (with the ZF), makes the gears the perfect length, not boggy but you also don't have to row your ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by BigD View Post
          I dunno, depends how much boost you're gonna run. I'd still get the 3.25, it's a really nice final gear for this car (with the ZF), makes the gears the perfect length, not boggy but you also don't have to row your ass off.
          im going to search for the 3.25, now that i no what it came in. i think i might start a diff collection! i dunno D i kinda liked driving at 60km in 4th gear and still having balls galore, but ill see what i can find first, i think i might show at importfest with my pink paint!

Matt(racersmarket) technical question for you, a friend of mine keeps babbling that your chip might be the reason im lean, or his theory is that the computer "thinks" its running lean as my gauge shows and dumping fuel to compensate. the only thing that could tell the ECU that its running lean would be the o2 no??? im starting to think that its because of my o2 positioning inside the header, should i relocate it to see, or do you know for a fact that someone has run the o2 inthe header with no problem.

Comment

heres a couple things i did, carbon cluster and chrom rings, i was going to paint the needles red, you guys think nail polish or paint marker? i was going to ditch the white faces, yay or nay?also the fuel pressure regulator that i havent mounted yet. for those that asked about the exhaust pics, ill have the car on the hoist again this week, ill snap some.

Comment

where did you get the carbon face for your gauge cluster?

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

good old fleabay!

Comment

I think the white faces look fine, but I would definitely do something with those needles. I tried a red marker and nail polish on mine, but both turned out funny looking. You could see streaks with the marker, and the polish turned out extremely shiny and looked out of place. I went back and repainted them using a flat red model paint. Now they look good. They fit right in and you can't even tell they are painted.

Comment

im going to search for the 3.25, now that i no what it came in. i think i might start a diff collection! i dunno D i kinda liked driving at 60km in 4th gear and still having balls galore, but ill see what i can find first, i think i might show at importfest with my pink paint!
                    Try it on the highway first... it'll get old fast. Even on the track, having to hunt through the gears or hitting the r3vlimiter just past an apex will get old just as fast as a 5k rpm roar in your ears on the highway.

Here's my cluster view :)

Comment

Matt(racersmarket) technical question for you, a friend of mine keeps babbling that your chip might be the reason im lean, or his theory is that the computer "thinks" its running lean as my gauge shows and dumping fuel to compensate. the only thing that could tell the ECU that its running lean would be the o2 no??? im starting to think that its because of my o2 positioning inside the header, should i relocate it to see, or do you know for a fact that someone has run the o2 inthe header with no problem.
                      Your car is not running lean... your wideband can't be trusted, you know that. You need a stock, working O2 sensor somewhere in the exhaust. Your wideband may have a narrowband output... that won't work.

You can put the O2 sensor almost anywhere you want. Yeah, it's better to see all 6 cylinders, but it's not critical.

Comment

heres a couple things i did, carbon cluster and chrom rings, i was going to paint the needles red, you guys think nail polish or paint marker? i was going to ditch the white faces, yay or nay?
                        I kind of like the carbon cluster & chrome rings - but those white faces have GOT to go. Way too rice, like Altezza's and coffee-can exhausts. Yuck!

E30 24V 6MT SOLD :( - look for it in sunny Miami :)

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
                          I kind of like the carbon cluster & chrome rings - but those white faces have GOT to go. Way too rice, like Altezza's and coffee-can exhausts. Yuck!
                          lol thats why i asked, might look better if the needles are red.

Matt, i switched the o2 once already im positive its working, what do you think if i played with the fuel pressure lowering it a couple psi at a time till i dont have a black tailpipe? this thing is burning premium fuel like no tomorrow.also...can a o2 simulator do anything for me?fool the ecu?

Comment

[QUOTE=BigD;1138623]Try it on the highway first... it'll get old fast. Even on the track, having to hunt through the gears or hitting the r3vlimiter just past an apex will get old just as fast as a 5k rpm roar in your ears on the highway.

D did i mention im at 1500rpm...at 60, in 4th, looks like im at around 2500rpm on the highway, should be pretty good on there.

Comment

D did i mention im at 1500rpm...at 60, in 4th, looks like im at around 2500rpm on the highway, should be pretty good on there.
                              You mean with the 2.93, not the 4.10. With the 4.10 you'll be doing around 4500 on the highway.

Comment

X2

And first will be utterly useless.

3.25 will be probably your best bet...I on the other hand will be shortening it up to a 3.46. 8)
                                Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X