No announcement yet.

My e30 318is s52 swap thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heres more, you can see the bearing that exploded, and actually wore out and melted the ball bearing together, if anyone needs them i have the part numbers for the bearing that cost me 29 bucks from a bearing company rather than 100 from the dealer.

i painted it, i got bored waiting for the bearing to come in at work

hers what came out of my diff once i got the bearing off with a hydalic press, you can see everything was melted.

this is what the bearing is suppose to look like lol, pressing it back on.

anf finally pressing the new cup into the diff bore

so now the diff is good as new, always cheaper to rebuild than get another 20 year old diff.

Comment

have you done anything with your supercharger yet?

www.gutenparts.com
      One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by m3_eater View Post
        Re: differential ratio - I'm running a 3.46 LSD. If you're ever going to be across the border in MI, we can meet up so you can see if 3.46 is right for you.
        3.25:1 LSD Check it
        "A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith alone does not prove anything."

Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
          have you done anything with your supercharger yet?
          yes im taking it apart, migght as well change the bearing before i install it. i also have to get it dynoed before i install it. blower is this winters project.

Comment

well, i had it unoffically dynoed at 201whp, but my ac pully i had forgotten i had removed all the bolts from came loose and put a hole in the rad, after that it wouldnt start, the pullley must have kit something else as well....on a side note, i have an excuse to pull the rad out and mount the supercharger braket, i didnt get charged for it so i go back in a couple weeks, and ill have a slip this time

blew a rad hose on the run, so a inoffical run was 200hp

Comment

wow your car sounds really good! did you put 24 pound injectors and euro maf on?

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

do you have the dyno graph?

Comment

nope, he aborted the run, next time ill get a proper one.

Comment

awesome. Just make sure you post it up!

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
                      nope, he aborted the run, next time ill get a proper one.
                      so that wasnt your final numbers then? and i still want to see that supercharger on your car.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

nope, thats what it hit when he aborted it, should be more, im working on it as we speak, the bearings are actually good though, i have to shim it, once the screws are tight, the shaft tightens up. im also working on making this e30 hood quick release im sick of taking it off....

Comment

Exhausting read, but informative!

One question... Do all dohc swaps experience these same issues???

Based on some of things that have happened, what are some things you would have done different if you knew then what you know now?

Comment

Originally posted by dblmikeusa1 View Post

One question... Do all dohc swaps experience these same issues???
                            No.

For most people, it's a drop in, pretty much plug & play ordeal.

Some people are just special.

-Charlie
                            Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
                            '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
                            FYYFF

Comment

more pics heres the blower bracket somewhat installed and the damage on the rad. i also made the hood quick release since im sick of having someone help me. all you have to do is beat out the dowels on the 2 brakets that hold the hood on.

Comment

Far out this is a huggeeeee read! I learnt a shit load tho very informative!

Just thought i would chime in. Ripped out my 3.15 LSD from my E30 M50 and put in a open 3.91 just to see if there was much difference. Seems like i have gone from one end of the scale to the other. Alright torque off the line to being buzzed out of the car with balls of torque! I think i need to sit somewhere in the middle! a 3.46 or 3.64 perhaps?!?

Comment

Working...
                                X