Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

believe it or not..........no blue

Comment

still at it, i disconnected the driveshaft, and im a little confused here...the new e36 driveshaft has the centerbearing on the oppositre half of the driveshaft. i no i need to use the e30 centerbearing, but will it slip onto the e36 shaft no problem, same diameter?

ill get a pic of the e30 and e36 units side by side to show my confusion.

Comment

i'm using the e36 m3 driveshat (4 flanged one) and yes, the CSB is on the front part of the driveshaft, but it aligns perfectly with the e30 bolts....things is it doesnt fit in in properly. you can modify it, redrill holes. call it a day. i was unable to remove/swap the CSB's for some reason i couldn't slide it out so i'm just gonna modify it.

btw. good luck getting the engine in with the headers. let us know how that goes :d
        lookin good man!
        No more e30s for me.
        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
        91 BMW 325i [sold]
        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

do you live in Windsor, California?

Comment

Don't worry about the headers - the ones you got are what you should have gotten.

At least they will mate up to either a E36 center (shortened) or a custom as they are with the band clamps. I'm going to do a full custom center meant to fit a E30M3 Stromung to Ebay headers, with hi-flo cats & I was real happy with the Fleabay headers.

I've heard the OBD2 center is a better piece for guys using stock/chopped parts - either way welding a O2 sensor bung on a common center for your exhaust isn't a big deal.

Looks great so far!

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by LINUS View Post
              Don't worry about the headers - the ones you got are what you should have gotten.

At least they will mate up to either a E36 center (shortened) or a custom as they are with the band clamps. I'm going to do a full custom center meant to fit a E30M3 Stromung to Ebay headers, with hi-flo cats & I was real happy with the Fleabay headers.

I've heard the OBD2 center is a better piece for guys using stock/chopped parts - either way welding a O2 sensor bung on a common center for your exhaust isn't a big deal.

Looks great so far!
              the exhaust, im not really sure what im doing about after the headers to the beginning of the cat back section, i was contemplating a supersprint centersection, from the looks of it i can bolt it staright to the fleabay headers. i was told ill never pass emmisions test though without the factory e36 cats. what do you think? P.S. im in windsor, ontario canada

lemme know what you do.

Comment

Windsor-

About these:

Assuming this is a streetcar, I'd run rubber or urethane (at the most) instead of metal mounts. Metal tranny mounts WILL rip the 'fork' mounts off the transmission casting (happened to a friends S50/E30). Better to run a softer mount on a streetcar, compliance is your friend. :D

Comment

thanks stu, maybe ill just remove the aluminum mount, now that you bring up urethane, i am going to be making control arm bushings and such at work, maybe ill make these as well, are you running urethane mounts on your car? any idea what else i can make for these e30's outa urethane?

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
                    thanks stu, maybe ill just remove the aluminum mount, now that you bring up urethane, i am going to be making control arm bushings and such at work, maybe ill make these as well, are you running urethane mounts on your car? any idea what else i can make for these e30's outa urethane?
                    I'm running a combination of relatively stiff factory mounts. Driver side is an M10 engine mount; passenger side is a 635csi tranny mount. They've got 4yrs and 75,000 miles of street-use and have held up fine for several trackdays, so no complaints yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Mc View Post
                      I'm running a combination of relatively stiff factory mounts. Driver side is an M10 engine mount; passenger side is a 635csi tranny mount. They've got 4yrs and 75,000 miles of street-use and have held up fine for several trackdays, so no complaints yet.
                      Stu: Does your 260 mount combo work on a stock e30 tranny bracket, or are you using a shim or modified bracket?
                      San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

Originally posted by BimmerToad View Post
                        Stu: Does your 260 mount combo work on a stock e30 tranny bracket, or are you using a shim or modified bracket?
                        It's a modified bracket, the mount sections themselves have been cut/welded. I'll try to get a pic for you, PM me

Comment

cool, thanks. No hurry since I have a modified/welded one myself. I'm just curious to see your modified bracket.
                          San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

armeniaaaa! wake up! come on ... you got engine swap to do! :D

Comment

Whats going on with this swap. Can't wait to see how it all turns out!!!

Anyone home????
                              '91 318is Alpine II- || HR Sport || Bilstein Sport || Poly RTAB || Treehouse FCAB || Poly Motor Mount || Poly Tranny Mount || Poly Diff mount || IE Sway Bar || BA HP Coils/Wires || 19# Injectors || SSR Comps w/10mm spacers || Hawk Pads || Fog Delete || Magnaflow Exhaust || Z4 3.0 SSK ||

Comment

Originally posted by qimis View Post
                                armeniaaaa! wake up! come on ... you got engine swap to do! :D
                                ha ha sorry guys ive been slacking a bit, but i got some motivatioin from my fiancee at christmas from her gift, you guys might like it!

before that, i have done a bit, i finally got the gay abs unit out, now ive begun sanding the engine bay, dont have pics of that yet, ill be spraying the engine bay myself, might as well use my spray bombing skills.

and my finally pic YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on a side not, i have a 2.93 lsd diff coming in, so ill have to remove the 4.10, 95 m3 center exhaust section with cats and o2 sensors, and hopefully eibach sway bars.

Comment

Working...
                                X