Need Two Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Two Bolts

Before somebody freaks out, I'm posting this here because of the topic. If this were an E30 part ad, I'd post in "Wanted". Thanks for indulging me.

I need two of the 12mm torx head bolts that attach the ZF gearbox to a M/S5x motor. Here's a link...

They are the bolts just behind the head. I've been to two junkyards here. I only found one pair but the guys wont sell because they "need them for the transmission." Anyway, I'll pay a fair price for 2 used bolts. I guess I'm relying on your integrity to send the correct bolts.

Thanks,

kr

It's 2pm on the west coast.
    Just call up BMA and order them..

Comment

they're pretty cheap from your local dealer as well, your dealer should be able to get them to you overnight at no extra charge...I know mine does!

Comment

Found some...finally

Comment

Like it was hard to find in first place? You had the part numbers all along.

Comment

Damn, wish I'd seen this before. I have a pair in my toolbox that you could've had for a stamp.

Comment

Interesting topic, I steered away from the Torxheads, having the M52 in there made them impossibly difficult to split the g'box from the motor while its still in the engine bay. Even worse to get the starter in...
              I dont see any reason fresh high-tensile hex-heads would be any worse. I also needed other ones, the thread depth on the M52 ally block were about twice that on the pig-iron ones ;)
              But Torxheads do look Ueber...

Comment

Working...
              X