Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The comprehensive DOHC engine swap thread.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
    i hate canada... hang on there, l.a. is just as hot as here, why wouldnt i be able to run the 318 rad?
    haha, not L.A., La. As in the state.
    My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
    There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

So has any one else had issues with the Clip that goes on the DME not fitting into the hole into the cab. Just wondering if i am the only one how did any one solve this issue, just drill a little bit or punch it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike B. View Post
        Just run the M42 radiator and if your temps run hot, install a larger radiator.

An nice, high volume electric fan will help the M42 radiator significantly. I don't think a 16" one will fit on the M42 radiator, so go with a 14".
        your the fucken man. im trying that, wont hurt to have an electric fan if i put the e36 rad in anyways after that if it doesnt work. any suggestions on fans i have no clue?

Comment

I used a 16" Spal pusher fan with curved blades on my swap.

Comment

using 16" perma-cool on my swap mounted in front of the rad...works great
            Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Any one got some info on wiring the starter I was reading and found out some where, lost it agian. That you can pull the big red wire from the harnes and use the orig. E30 starter wire and you can eliminate two wires from your Harness doing so. Pic let me know if i am corect plz.

and is this the other end of the big red wire right.

Comment

sorry i cant help you out, but what resouvior is thati see you use for the brake/clutch fluid?

Comment

another question, how does the slave connection hook-up to the ZF tranny?

Comment

You have to bend the E30 clutch hose so that the fitting is facing the correct way.

Originally posted by whysimon
                    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally posted by 87-325ic View Post
                      another question, how does the slave connection hook-up to the ZF tranny?
                      remove the e36 line and use the e30 slave line...you'll see about the bend that FredK is talking about when you mount it.

I have an OBDII question: can anyone point me to the thread about having two keys, or any ignition wiring information.

I think i have most of the security wiring out, but i can't put together in my mind how to make ignition/key part work. have done lots of research here.
                      No more e30s for me.
                      88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                      88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                      91 BMW 325i [sold]
                      86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by windsor318is View Post
                        sorry i cant help you out, but what resouvior is thati see you use for the brake/clutch fluid?
                        My stock one from my car (87 325e)... I dont have money or time to track a diff one down its getting to cold to be riding a Rocket around

Comment

thank you above. e30 line is used, but bent to make fitting go on; got it.

Comment

Cn any one help me with how to make my tach work i kinda would like that back......
                            I have read some where and can remember where its at or what i typed to serch for it but. I know i have read some where that you have to do something with a little black wire and then i dont know what to do after that.... Any help plz

Comment

Motor,
                              All m50 Access.
                              M50 wiring harness
                              e34 m50 oil pan, pick up, and dipstick
                              DME without ews
                              Late model Radiator (maybe overflow tank de on which rad you go with)
                              e36 mount arms
                              e28 535i motor mounts
                              ix or e21 modified brake booster
                              Some PS lines, Coolant hoses
                              Somewhat custom exhaust

That is as detailed as I care to go right now. Search and read the rest.

The flywheel and clutch are up to you and depend on what tranny you are going to use, which will decide your driveline as well.

Every once in a while I am not an ass. ;)
                              Last edited by Van Westervelt; 11-29-2007, 05:48 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Groupie View Post
                                ix or e31 modified brake booster
                                Somewhat custom exhaust
                                e21 booster. nothing to custom is required. run all e36 from the manifolds back.

Comment

Working...
                                X