Ebay header 2 into 1 adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ebay header 2 into 1 adapter

I'm getting ready to have a Y pipe adapter made for my swap. The Ebay headers have 2 different sizes for the pipes (I can't figure out why) 2" and 1.76" OD.

I want the piece to slip over the headers and then slip over the 2.65" OD convertor inlet. I'm going to have one made up and wondered if anyone else might need one since this is a common header to use.

The shop I'm using makes headers for sand rails using turbo'd Acura V6 engines so they know how to make a good piece.

The overall length is approx 12".

If you're interested let me know. I'll get a price this week when I take them the drawing of the piece.

Depending on price, I will be needing one...
    Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Flowmaster Y200250

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post
        I'm getting ready to have a Y pipe adapter made for my swap. The Ebay headers have 2 different sizes for the pipes (I can't figure out why) 2" and 1.76" OD.

E36 exhaust is larger for the front pipes than the back, that's why the header collectors are different diameter.

If your Y pipe is well made and fits properly, I think you'll be able to sell a lot of them as mating the headers to the pipes is a real pain.

Comment

The flowmaster piece isn't the correct spacing to fit over the pipes very well. I called them and they couldn't tell the center to center spacing so I figured it would be a pain to adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by bwh13 View Post

I want the piece to slip over the headers and then slip over the 2.65" OD convertor inlet. I'm going to have one made up and wondered if anyone else might need one since this is a common header to use.

The shop I'm using makes headers for sand rails using turbo'd Acura V6 engines so they know how to make a good piece.

The overall length is approx 12".

If you're interested let me know. I'll get a price this week when I take them the drawing of the piece.
            Is this piece you speak of only for the ebay headers? or is it for anything? I need to fab an exhaust setup sooner or later and if this will help id be interested in purchasing one from that shop too if they are willing to do a few of them. Let me know... Subscribed. -Evan

Comment

I'd be interested, but I put flanges on my headers so I could unbolt them easily from both the exhaust and the engine. Putting the y pipe on would probably require welding onto the headers kinda making it hard to ever pull them off, perhaps I could put the flanges on the y pipe though. e30 exhaust is holding me back though, I want a nice single exhaust.
              Old and improved:

Comment

I originally wanted to put flanges on the header and the y pipe but decided a slip fit over the header would be easier and less costly. You can always get flanges welded to the y pipe to work on your setup if it has flanges on the header...

taking the drawing to the shop today.

Comment

Schweet...keep me updated!

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I cut up a factory Subaru exhaust to get that Y. They use a flat 4 setup and the 2-1 on a 2.5 RS can be cut out and fits pretty well. Obviously it requires welding, and I flattened mine a bit to mate up with my 3 inch oval exhaust tubing. IT is a huge pain in the ass to get the headers off of the head. I'm looking into redoing it with flanges or double slip fits.

Comment

any word on this OP?

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
                        Flowmaster Y200250
                        +1
                        No more e30s for me.
                        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                        91 BMW 325i [sold]
                        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Does anyone have a picture of that setup??? Im wondering what i should do with my exhaust. Ive got ebay headers, a two into one exhaust that i just hacksawed off my m20b25...

Originally posted by matt View Post
                          Flowmaster Y200250

Comment

The exhaust fabricator has the drawing, and they called asking if I could bring the car over to make sure the fab is correct. I'm trying to get the car over there next week (kind of hard without any mufflers...) will probably trailer it over.

Comment

Use/get a AAA card and half it towed for free...that's what I'm doing when I get the ebay headers.

Please find out how much the piece will cost...thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X