Icv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Icv

I just put in my new harness and my Idle control valve wont stop humming, even with no key in the ignition, it just keeps going until i unplug the battery. I know I have my ICV plugged in correctly, I checked all pins with a voltmeter. What would cause this?
    sigpic

I had the same humming problem, my starter solenoid was on upside down (and hence wired wrong). It was feeding back through the harness to the ICV. Check your wiring, the problem might nit necesarily be at the ICV.

Comment

hmm i thought it was foolproof due to different screw sizes coming off the solenoid. I will definately check it again.

My father thinks it has to do with it maybe touching the head or something making it grounded...since it originally had some rubber boot on it seperating it from the chassis. I've got it tucked under intake manifold atm, will check soon.
      sigpic

Comment

I think I fixed it, I replaced the relay on the harness, looks like the old one was the wrong relay, or bad. It no longer turns on with no key in ignition and the ICV comes on with the key turned so, so far so good.
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X