mandrel bend solution in pasadena,md

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mandrel bend solution in pasadena,md

if you need any exhaust work in the md,dc,va area for your m/s50-52 swap i highly recommend mandrel bend solutions in pasadena,md.
    they redid my cat back from my previous triflo w/c sat crooked and didn't look right-it was off an e36:-(
    needless to say-very happy w/ the results-muffler's a magna-flo....
    exhaust work i think is the last hardest hurdle for most swaps.
    anyway,check out my thread on bimmerforums.com
    thread:
    Bimmerforums is the preferred online BMW Forum and community for BMW owners. At Bimmerforums, you will find technical how-to information maintenance specifics audio advice wheel and tire combinations and model specific details not found anywhere else. Our professionals are here to help make sure you find the answers you need to your questions and our community is here to help other brainstorm ideas for the future.

Wow, that looks really nice! I bought individual bends from MBS, but that's sweet that they do custom work as well.

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

That is pretty nice. I never knew anybody in that area did that sorta thing.

I grew up in Annapolis, BTW...

Comment

Originally posted by FredK View Post
        Wow, that looks really nice! I bought individual bends from MBS, but that's sweet that they do custom work as well.

thanks,i stumbled across them on ebay as they where selling mandrel bent pipe and to my surprise,they're just a few blocks up the street where i live.
        i first saw their handywork on dougsic e30 s52 vert and was highly impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by matt View Post
          That is pretty nice. I never knew anybody in that area did that sorta thing.

I grew up in Annapolis, BTW...
          i bet ya miss the md blue crabs don't ya! :-)

there are local shops like tony's and marvin's but,they do mostly slap on go,wham bam thank you ma'm kinda installs.
          mbs adds art to the install and have very good customer rapor-a big plus on my book...

Comment

Tell me about those wheels, they look good.

Comment

so you met greg? he is my best friend, i am going to the shop tonight when i leave work. he mentioned someone came through in a m3 with a swap. i was pissed cause i wasn't there.

i have 3 different exhausts made by him, they are all awesome. by the way, if you ever have any problems with the exhaust, stop back by and they will fix it for free. but only like 2 people have ever had problems. enjoy your exhaust, i can guarantee the quality.
              Originally posted by BillBrasky
              That's like Vlad challenging Chip Foose to a car painting contest.
              Originally posted by acolella76
              i'm pretty sure 'Phillis' is short for syphilis
              2007 CVPI, stock and slow
              1994 tercel, 5efhe swap, i/h/e
              1984 t-type, 5.3/th350 swap in progress

My newest addition:
              Rebecca Arlene, born 4/19/2013

Comment

Originally posted by ieatpeople View Post
                by the way, if you ever have any problems with the exhaust, stop back by and they will fix it for free. but only like 2 people have ever had problems. enjoy your exhaust, i can guarantee the quality.
                I can attest to this!

When I picked up my car from them last year, it was WAY too loud for my tastes. They did everything possible to make me happy including adding a chambered resonator and replacing the straight through muffler with a chambered one. This required bending some new pipes. All done at no additional charge.

This year, I was removing the v-banded catalytic converter and dropped it on my concrete floor, breaking the element inside. I cut the cat apart, wrapped the element and welded it back together. Bad idea.

It broke loose soon thereafter.

Back to MDS for a cat. They were sympathetic (didn't laugh out loud anyway), gave me a good price on another one and then, much to my surprise, they cut some smaller diameter pipes a short length so that I could reuse my existing v-band flanges!

Not a cheap place to have work done but their customer service makes them a good value in my opinion.

Doug

Comment

I'll attest to their work. I had a custom catback welded up for my mini by them. Fantastic work, it looks great and sounds just right. Considering I saved $300 verses buying a ready made cat back I'm ecstatic!
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

What's the ID of those pipes? They look close to 3"!

Comment

Rob I saw you walking around carlisle at the import and kit car show. What is the rest of your exhaust from, e36 downpipes and cats? I'm looking for some options on mine. I like my gen1 borla, but the e30 exhaust is pretty restrictive.
                      Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by kroberts View Post
                        Tell me about those wheels, they look good.
                        thanks! they're the ASA ar1'a staggerred 17x8 & 9 w/c i "may" end up selling as i bought some e34 m5 wheels for the car.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EtaSport View Post
                          Rob I saw you walking around carlisle at the import and kit car show. What is the rest of your exhaust from, e36 downpipes and cats? I'm looking for some options on mine. I like my gen1 borla, but the e30 exhaust is pretty restrictive.
                          i did see your car and i thought i saw you looking at the blue e34 alpina(awesome car)
                          anyway,my dp and cats are standard issue ob2 ones off the e36m3 the s52 came out off.
                          MBS is considering making me custom downpipes w/ freeflow cats maybe mid next month.
                          i think this maybe the same set up as doug's but i'm thinking,custom downpipe to x-pipe to dual cat then connect to the cat back they just installed....
                          Last edited by vr4boy; 06-29-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

what is their pricing like?
                            Claus Luthe is my hero.

Comment

I paid $450 for my cat back, which included a chambered resonator, magnaflow single in, dual out muffler, and a pair of really nice, large tips. All 2.5" piping.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                              X