"control unit supply"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"control unit supply"

I just bought the Peak code checker and I get the code "1A" which is "control unit supply" in the table. I'm guessing that it has something to do with my DME not getting power. I just recently had my DME tested in another car and it works so it can't be a dead DME. I haven't delved into this much yet, im kinda busy today but I thought I'd shoot it out here and see if i can get some ideas. Thanks.
    sigpic

Ok so I just read that it throws that code when the battery has been unplugged andwhatnot, which I have done. I reset everything and it does not throw that code anymore, or any other code for that matter. So I am back to square 1. No fuel pump coming on and no spark. It cranks but does not start....No other codes come up to point me in the right direction......I am on the verge of giving up. >:E I need a drink.
    sigpic

Comment

Check your crank position sensor.

Comment

just checking, no ews?

Comment

I have a brand new crank sensor in there. I am almost positive it is EWS. All I ever hear from people is that my red label 413 DME does not have it, but it does: http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/tech...DME-Repair.htm

M3
          E36
          S50us/B30
          1/95-->
          0 261 200 413
          Bosch Motronic M3.3.1 w/ EWS-II

My DME is from a 95 M3 so it must have it, even though it is a red label 413. I am going to be buying a chip from you for sure matt. I have almost bought one about 10 million times before but i never did because people kept telling me that i dont have EWS. The Peake tool seems to be telling me that I have done everything correct..now I just need that chip
          sigpic

Comment

The problem is, there is no good way to do a test to see if EWS is your issue. Atleast not that I know of.

PM me if you have any chip questions, please. The options and specials for r3v members are not all on the site so just PM me and let me know what you need.

Last edited by matt; 07-05-2008, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X