info on using a getrag 250 and proper driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

info on using a getrag 250 and proper driveshaft

I just finished replacing the driveshaft in my s52/getrag 250 e30.
    when i first did the swap, i found many references to people saying you can use the stock e30 325i 5 speed driveshaft behind the e36 325i getrag 250 - i'm here to say once and for all you can't, at least not in their stock forms.
    the reason for this is the bolts holes on the getrag 250 output shaft are 12mm and the holes on the front of the e30 325i driveshaft are 10mm. i didn't notice this until someone pointed it out to me. using 10mm bolts in 12mm holes is a no no for obvious reasons. it lunched the guibo on my car in about 500 miles.
    you might be able to swap the output shaft on the transmission to an e30 one, but i haven't read of anyone doing that.
    i ended up with an e36 325i 5 speed driveshaft and guibo and the center support off of my e30 and everything bolted up just fine and it drives great.

What differential are you using with the 250?

Adam

Comment

Comment

Was your driveshaft straight?

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

It should be
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

How are your rpms at 60mph? I was either gona use a 2.93 or the 3.25.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by bmw320e21 View Post
              How are your rpms at 60mph? I was either gona use a 2.93 or the 3.25.
              well under 3 grand. a 2.93 or 3.25 would be fine. anything shorter than a 3.25 would be hard to live with.

Comment

Working...
              X