Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What engine brackets with euro M3 e30 and euro s50 engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the bottom stud of the mount in the outer holes that are meant for stopping the mount from spinning while tightening, and put the little nub on the hole meant for the stud, do it on both sides. It will line up.

Edit: Would have lined up.
    1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
      Put the bottom stud of the mount in the outer holes that are meant for stopping the mount from spinning while tightening, and put the little nub on the hole meant for the stud, do it on both sides. It will line up.

Edit: Would have lined up.

+1 i can't believe this thread got all the way to 3 pages before someone mentioned that.
      sigpic
      Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
      92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
      88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
      88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
      87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
      12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

for some reason the nub didnt work on my mounts so i ground them down and the mount worked fine

Comment

jesus people. no cutting, grinding, welding is necessary when putting the engine in. you guys are making this WAY too complicated. stock parts work perfectly if you just get the right ones. the closest thing to fabrication you'll have to do is with the tranny crossmember (if you use a getrag 260), and even that can be figured out with stock parts!

Comment

this thread makes my head hurt... The engine bolts in using OE parts
            e30sport.net
            '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
            '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
            '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammed_A View Post
              for some reason the nub didnt work on my mounts so i ground them down and the mount worked fine
              I put in some aftermarket hard mounts (that don't fit real well) and the holes didn't line up real well, so I removed the dowel pin that goes in the other hole....BIG MISTAKE. I think it will allow the engine to shift. At Watkins Glen last year, the tranny mounts had come out of the ears in the tranny which allowed to to miss a shift (the data indicated 9300 rpms). I have seen worked a way to fit the dowel pins back in.

And yes, the green e28 mounts rotated 180 degrees work without issue. If my car were a street car only, I would have left them in, but the DTM replica shifter I have doesn't like soft engine mounts).

Comment

akg makes e30m50 specific engine mounts...
                e30sport.net
                '15 Porsche GT3 - 7-speed PDK - Daily Driver
                '86 325es - s54b32tu - 6-speed - Mtech 1
                '89 325is - m20b25 - 5-speed - Individual

Comment

Working...
                X