s52 exhaust questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s52 exhaust questions.

for those of you who have not kept up with my threads, the car is a mangled 2000 M-roadster with obd2. i removed the exhaust from the car today. can i use any of it such as the cats for my e30? i know it will have to be modified. what about the headers? kinda looks like it may hit the engine cross member. has anyone ran duals on an e30 chassis? i have a 91, so i guess that means i would have to modify the rear valance. i think the duals on the roadster with with the dual stainless tips would look sick on an e30.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

You can use the obd2 manifolds. You will have to weld air ports on them though. I've got a set that are already interested if you want them.

-Nick

Comment

Just use the mid section of the MZ3 exhaust, that's what I did. And plug all the O2 ports except for the one you want to use in front of the cats. I heard you can use a Toyota 22r oil pan drain plug. But I used a few OEM O2 plugs from a 323i (I think). I didn't have to modify the manifolds (I used OBD1 manifolds) or the mid section of the MZ3 exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by pedal2metal View Post
        Just use the mid section of the MZ3 exhaust, that's what I did. And plug all the O2 ports except for the one you want to use in front of the cats. I heard you can use a Toyota 22r oil pan drain plug. But I used a few OEM O2 plugs from a 323i (I think). I didn't have to modify the manifolds (I used OBD1 manifolds) or the mid section of the MZ3 exhaust.

are your running off the cats to a single exhaust or duals?
        sigpic
        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Most people run single but i have seen a few duals. Its a decent amount of fab work.
          -Alex

Comment

I am running stock obdII e36 m3 exhuast on my m50 and couldn't be happier. Manifolds, center section with cats, and the muffler. Perfect sound. I had a single before that and it sounded like ass.

www.classicdaily.net
            1970 m42 swapped 2002
            1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
            https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

dual is unnecessary and just adding weight IMO. get the right components and a single could sound as good as mine ; / as for your parts. you can use the headers, downpipe to cat section and if you want to keep the dual you'll have to cut and modify a piece to make it fit but can most likely retain everything else. weld new exhaust hangers etc you're golden and it'll look great too. again unnecessarily heavy imo.
              No more e30s for me.
              88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
              88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
              91 BMW 325i [sold]
              86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Working...
              X