Picture request: m50/s50 guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picture request: m50/s50 guys

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone could snap a picture of a complete motor on the intake side (Preferably with the intake removed but all brackets and wiring in place). Having trouble picturing how everything needs to be as I've never received a obd1 car complete. purty please guys?

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

All I can find on my computer (I know it was dirty as hell)

Scott
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Scott, thanks so much. Anyone else got pictures? If you have the intake manifold on, I wouldn't mind as well. As long as I could see a clear picture of everything underneath. =P

SINdelle:E36 M3 5-Lug | 17x8 & 17x9 BBS RS | S52/ZF | 2.93LSD/3.5HFM/24lb Injectors/C&S Chip[B]SOLD[B]

Comment

I have a bunch in my Photobucket. I will post a couple, but you can go check out the rest.

sigpic

Comment

All right! Progress! My swap will get done! haha. Thanks groupie.

Comment

haha nice. I just pulled my friends E36 apart for the same reason, cleaned up all the gunked up lines and replaced them all new from the dealer (my cost, about $50) and now the shit runs like a champ.

Comment

Woops, I moved the pics, I will put them back in the same folder, lol. 5 minutes.
              sigpic

Comment

Lol e30 groupie, you saved my motor's ass. LOL. So apparently I can't use my obd2 harness bracket/rail. Guess I gotta go to the junkyard again... (ugh). No wonder when I was putting the harness of the obd2 bracket I had a bunch of slack with all the connectors... Booooo me. Thanks again guys.

haha nice. I just pulled my friends E36 apart for the same reason, cleaned up all the gunked up lines and replaced them all new from the dealer (my cost, about $50) and now the shit runs like a champ.
                You bought a new harness? My harness has shit cut everywhere so I wouldn't mind a new harness. =) Pm'd you about some info

-Jasper

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                  Lol e30 groupie, you saved my motor's ass. LOL. So apparently I can't use my obd2 harness bracket/rail. Guess I gotta go to the junkyard again... (ugh). No wonder when I was putting the harness of the obd2 bracket I had a bunch of slack with all the connectors... Booooo me. Thanks again guys.

You bought a new harness? My harness has shit cut everywhere so I wouldn't mind a new harness. =) Pm'd you about some info

-Jasper
                  I was talking about all the oil lines. He had a massive PCV leak, and it was just grime and broken vacuum lines....I replaced all that crap new from the dealer while I had the intake manifold apart.

Comment

my other question is, I know the E36s have 2 plugs and the E30s only have one...does one plug just get tossed and the ends just get wrapped up in the harness?

Comment

Two plugs? Are you talking about the x20 connect plus the transmission connector? Usually auto harnesses have two connectors as opposed to one for the extra computer to run the transmission. You could simply remove the auto connector.

Comment

Originally posted by jahnaboi View Post
                        Two plugs? Are you talking about the x20 connect plus the transmission connector? Usually auto harnesses have two connectors as opposed to one for the extra computer to run the transmission. You could simply remove the auto connector.
                        ah so thats what it is. My friends car was auto.

Comment

Yup. The other plug is for the auto transmission.

Comment

On the coolant lines from OBD2 to OBD1 if I remember right, funk was telling me that you can cut the metal obd2 line and use the obd1 spider setup with that as the plug that sticks out on the obd1 from the timing case area.

Comment

=P I already did that. Haha. I'll show you. I was going to take the pipe out of the timing cover but it seems like its in there really good. So I just cut it from there and I'm going to use two clamps on it just to be safe. =)

I'll post a picture before assembling the thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X