• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 computer code key

Hi,

I have a problem with starting engine M52B28 swapped into E30

You can see my car here

Is it possible somehow to disable key code in M52B28 computer so that I don't need Key code or EWS modules?

Thanks
    :D

you can get an ews delete chip from TRM, turner, etc. are you wanting to keep it obd2 or swap to obd1?

Comment

none of those companies will do what you want... seems to me like you want to retain OBDII.

bimmerworld does what you want, but it costs $200... that is also the same price of getting a new key from bmw, aligned and programmed to your DME.
      No more e30s for me.
      88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
      88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
      91 BMW 325i [sold]
      86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by lifeiskaos View Post
        you can get an ews delete chip from TRM, turner, etc. are you wanting to keep it obd2 or swap to obd1?
        I dont need OBD I or II because this car will be rady for Drift...just need engine to start...with no extra problems... I have all components regarding EWS but when connected, the ECu won't give power to fuel pump and there is no spark...:(

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
        none of those companies will do what you want... seems to me like you want to retain OBDII.

bimmerworld does what you want, but it costs $200... that is also the same price of getting a new key from bmw, aligned and programmed to your DME.
        I dont care if I have to send my ECU to US to unlock the key code and I will pay for it...I have already EWS unit, ews module, code key and antenna completed with the same ECU...but it wont start...

I tried to find on bimmerworld and couldnt find it..if you can send me some link ore contact please...
        Last edited by Foler; 01-13-2009, 04:03 PM.

Comment

shoot them an e-mail... didn't realize you wer ein croatia.. damn.

lets talk wiring for a second.. Where is your key, how is that key in the ring antenna and how is it connected to the transpoder module that communicates with the EWS module?

i hope you didn't solder any of these connections. that will cause a no-start. manually splice them with goold ol electric tape.
          No more e30s for me.
          91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

shoot them an e-mail... didn't realize you wer ein croatia.. damn.

lets talk wiring for a second.. Where is your key, how is that key in the ring antenna and how is it connected to the transpoder module that communicates with the EWS module?

i hope you didn't solder any of these connections. that will cause a no-start. manually splice them with goold ol electric tape.
            I have found these diagram and we connected everything like it was on the picture...I have all the parts and wiring

Comment

yeah, you found them in my thread...

i hope you bypassed the starter solenoid wire from the ews module and run your starter from the e30 ignition cylinder. check the blue wire, pin13 to pin1, that is the wire that transmitts the signal from the chip in the key, if it has solder it'll mess up the signal. happened to me. same may apply to pin4 of the ews module (to ecu).

that should work though. i recommend you look at things with a bit of patience it may be something really stupid... otherwise, contact bimmerworld yow. good luck
              No more e30s for me.
              91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

yeah, you found them in my thread...

i hope you bypassed the starter solenoid wire from the ews module and run your starter from the e30 ignition cylinder. check the blue wire, pin13 to pin1, that is the wire that transmitts the signal from the chip in the key, if it has solder it'll mess up the signal. happened to me. same may apply to pin4 of the ews module (to ecu).

that should work though. i recommend you look at things with a bit of patience it may be something really stupid... otherwise, contact bimmerworld yow. good luck
                Hi, Etxxz Your info has been excellent. I have fitted an M52.

Initially it wouldn't turn over then having read the above info I removed soldered bits on the aerial loop.

On the main EWS module I had no live feed on pin 1 BLK/YL. I put a jumper between pins 1&3 and it turned over, Is that what you meant with the comments on the diagram about the relay?

It won't fire up. And shows fault no EWS signal. I will check the blue wire from pin 13 to the transmit module for solder etc tomorrow.

The key is in the barrel but that has been removed from the column as I intend to use switched ignition and push button start. Could this be part of the problem?

Cheers :up:

Comment

as long as the key is held within the ring... think of the barrel as your alignment rig.. you are fine. i would check the blue wire specially as it is what ultimately enables your fuel and spark. i would also make sure that your fuel pump primes when you're in the "run" position before "start". what FPR are you running?

this is on the fuel side. on the spark side, you can remove a coil pack and see if you're getting spark. if you are, then your ews is good and its just a fuel problem. lmk how it goes.
                  No more e30s for me.
                  91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

Hi, Didn't manage to sort it.

I have trimmed the loom on the donor car (e36 sedan) to remove what I didn't need (elec windows etc) so thought the problem might be due to that.

No fuel or spark or starter. No click in the EWS module. Fuel pump primes in the "run" position.

By jumping the appropriate wires in the module Yellow/black and green/black I can crank it on the key. But no spark and no fuel. Incidentally my green and black comes from the ignition switch where at the connector (ignition barrel end) it changes to black and yellow. And the black and yellow at the module goes to the starter solenoid via the correct pin in the 25 pin connector.

The green wires from the antenna/aerial loop had broken so spliced them without soldering. and I added a loop to the blue wire linking both modules - again spliced.

I didn't have a switched live to the module sender/receiver (the smaller module but made a temporary one and doubled up other wires to ensure connectivity.

It ran fine in the donor car but I hacked the loom about quite a bit/lot when I transferred it to the rally car.

Just wondering whether to detach all wires from the EWS componets and start afresh.

I'm confused!!

Cheers,

Andy.

Comment

I'm sorted now - thanks for all the help and information.

A spare loop antenna did the trick

Good luck to any other non-starters.

Comment

Working...
                      X