Little track footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little track footage

my s50 swap car, slowly becoming a dedicated track car, this was one of its first events and remained setup that way for all of last year. e30 m3 5-lug swap, running 15x8 Kosei K1s and e30 m3 brakes. Currently on a TMS J-stock suspension, VSR 4-point bolt in, and without interior. Short track, cool video. I edited a lap out where I got stuck in some boring traffic, otherwise it's about half a session.

Blackhawk farms in beloit, WI. BMW club HPDE, instructor run group. 1991 BMW e30 318is, s50 swap, e36 m3 trans, 3.46LSD diff ratio, Turner J-stock suspensi...

Cool, that looks like fun.
    -Andy

Comment

Id never seen video of that track, looks awesome. But so far north.

As time went on, the factory developed the car each year, making it faster, more comfortable, and capable of handling at higher speeds.
      You don’t want this. You want the trickiest, most dangerous, oldest model you can find. Only then can you prove to the world that you’re a man.

Comment

Why wont the red M3 give you the point-by??

The car looks like a rocket though. And the track is awesome.
        Last edited by rThor432; 02-07-2009, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Damn looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to get my swap car on the track! BTW nice driving there, and your exhaust sounds great! :D
          Check out Undr8d Empire on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Undr8dEmpireLlc

INSTAGRAM: @UNDR8D_EMPIRE

Scarlet V2 - #Project333Ti by @castromotorsport, @kingsautobodyshop, @bimmerheads, @hardmotorsport, @excel_motorsports & @mateomotorsports - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371356

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

your car sounds great

1991 330is

Comment

Originally posted by bmws50b30 View Post
              your car sounds great
              +1! I miss that interior sound from 24v E30's that the more insulated E36's lack.
              Past: 1991 330is; 1995 318ti; 1993 325is; 1997 318ti; 1989 332is; 1999 Z3 M Coupe

Comment

Awesome vid, Dave! Is that me in the passenger seat?

Turbo M20, MSnS, 38lb, 3" no cat, RPI 12.2", ATS DTC, 240whp/240wtq, Lmnop. www.DonsGarage.net

Comment

that is one awesome track... your e30 either hauls ass or mine is really slow... what gears you havE??
                  No more e30s for me.
                  88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                  88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                  91 BMW 325i [sold]
                  86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
                    that is one awesome track... your e30 either hauls ass or mine is really slow... what gears you havE??
                    3.46LSD with the ZF gearbox. Also have a ltw flywheel, pullies, no power steering and partially gutted track rat. It's light and spins quickly through the gears. There are other cars on the track which are faster, a bunch of really quick e30s too, I just don't have any good video of those sessions

Don -- that may have been you in my car, I can't remember whose helmet that was in the passenger side...

rThor432 -- the red m3 just came out on track, he and I usually play cat and mouse when possible, he was trying to stay in front of me :)

Comment

i see. awesome! i have 3.25lsd with ZF, prob as gutted as yours, ltw fly, but i have p.s. and stock pullies and stock obdII engine/software ;)
                      good driving tho!!
                      i have a couple vids from sebring, pbir, rrr and homestead.
                      No more e30s for me.
                      88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
                      88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
                      91 BMW 325i [sold]
                      86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

i see. awesome! i have 3.25lsd with ZF, prob as gutted as yours, ltw fly, but i have p.s. and stock pullies and stock obdII engine/software ;)
                        good driving tho!!
                        I tried a 3.23 from an M Coupe for a day, like the 3.46 better. I will use the 3.23 at longer tracks though, I run out of gear at Road America with the 3.46

Comment

good driving tho!!
                          If you could drive straight you'd be as fast as him :pimp:

Comment

Great video man! How do you like your j-stock with the ra-1 on the track? stock steering rack or swapped?
                            Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
                              rThor432 -- the red m3 just came out on track, he and I usually play cat and mouse when possible, he was trying to stay in front of me :)
                              I kind of figured that was the case. Had to ask though.

It does spin through the gears nicely though. I cant wait to get my brakes sorted so I can run mine on the track.

Comment

Working...
                              X