87 325is to 24valve wiring help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FredK View Post
    Your tach and diagnostic connector don't work, right? You should also be experiencing a soft cut at upper rpms in 1st and 2nd gear, which might not be that noticeable.

1. x20 pin 24 goes to C104 pin 3 (WT/YL): you are correct
    2. x20 pin 14 must be spliced into a wire coming from the C3 connector on the back of the cluster, at pin 26 (BR/RD). The 413 DME requires a vehicle speed output in order to maximize performance. If you don't hook up this wire, you will get a soft cut at upper rpm. Pin 26 should be in one of the four corners of the connector, as it should only have 26 pins in total.
    3. x20 pin 20 goes to C104 pin 1 (BK) This will get your tach working.
    4. C101 pin 6 must be connected to x20 pin 22 in order to properly power the diagnostic connector. Otherwise a Peake tool won't power up correctly.
    5. It's strange that your 87i has a pin 15 in the C101, which would go to 30h on a 3 terminal starter. Most early model cars did not have a pin 15, instead unloading the electrical system through pin 18 with the ignition signal.
    Is this correct thinking still? I thought this had to do with the O2 sensor. Tried hooking up a Peake tool over the weekend and it didn't power up. Also saw another thread that said you need to wire a power source to the diag port. Didn't know if that will handle it as well or not. Had the harness converted to plug and play by friend because I suck and hate wiring shit. Anyhow,now I'm wishing I would have taken the time to learn how to do it myself. Kinda backing into it at his point.

Originally posted by Roysneon
    $5 shipped?
    Originally posted by MarkD
    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

Working...
    X