AKG adapter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AKG adapter.

So.. i'm REALLY dissapointed I had went with the AKG adapter, I paid 200 bucks for something a middle schooler could throw together.

I know it's my fault for not wiring it my own so i'll stop complaining about it, but i think i'm ready to make my own now.

anyway.. I have one simple question..

Does the AKG motorsport wiring adapter support the check engine light feature? (Cause mine doesn't). If they don't, why don't they? And is it possible to just add a wire to that harness and make the CEL work?

Thanks guys,

-Abe.

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

A) Going the peasant route always leads to pain.

B) Who knows what it supports or not? Only AKG.

C) Yes, just run a wire from the ECU to the cluster. Pin numbers are in the Bentleys or the ETMs.

Comment

Originally posted by loonibab325i View Post
      So.. i'm REALLY dissapointed I had went with the AKG adapter, I paid 200 bucks for something a middle schooler could throw together.

I know it's my fault for not wiring it my own so i'll stop complaining about it, but i think i'm ready to make my own now.

anyway.. I have one simple question..

Does the AKG motorsport wiring adapter support the check engine light feature? (Cause mine doesn't). If they don't, why don't they? And is it possible to just add a wire to that harness and make the CEL work?

Thanks guys,

-Abe.
      $200 and no CEL?! That's laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by mazur View Post
        $200 and no CEL?! That's laughable.
        Complete and utter BS.

Comment

what a bitch.. any return policy...:roll:

Comment

I bought the AKG one, my check engine light functions on the dash just fine. My car was originally an m42. I am using an e34 engine harness with a non-vanos m50. Have you checked the bulb in the cluster?

Comment

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
              I bought the AKG one, my check engine light functions on the dash just fine. My car was originally an m42. I am using an e34 engine harness with a non-vanos m50. Have you checked the bulb in the cluster?
              yeap, the bulb works when I send manual power to it.

I took apart the wiring harness and checked the wiring and they definitely did not include any check engine functions... I don't get why yours came with it and mine did not? lol.

Comment

Well you can order the crimps for all the connectors in that adapter, so why don't you order a wire w/ a crimp and a single crimp and put it in, gray wire on the X20 connector.
                Past Car : E30 S50 6 Speed 5 Lug 3.73
                Current : Z3 S50 OBD2 (Smog Legal) 6 Speed BBS RN Dual Ear Diff
                Julian 848-248-8029

Comment

Did you contact AKG about your issues? Maybe the sent you the wrong one which doesn't support the CEL.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by erik325i View Post
                    Did you contact AKG about your issues? Maybe the sent you the wrong one which doesn't support the CEL.

Erik
                    Yeah, i would try that. You did after all pay for a no [maybe just less] hassle wiring experience. Make them work for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by loonibab325i View Post
                      yeap, the bulb works when I send manual power to it.

I took apart the wiring harness and checked the wiring and they definitely did not include any check engine functions... I don't get why yours came with it and mine did not? lol.
                      Thats strange, call AKG and ask if they can send you another one... you can use my car as a reference/ example for whats its worth.

Comment

So is AKG reputable? I ordered a brake booster from them, motor mounts and something else I can't remember. The only thing I had a problem with them was their customer service. lol.
                        I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                        2875-C Towerview Road
                        Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

akg is a one man show. andy is from greece and is about 60. he's a great guy and means well. He has no idea how a computer works. His wife works full time and runs his store in her spare time. I have his engine mounts in my swap and i can't be happier. As far as the wiring he discloses on the web site that he makes them with used plugs. His shop is crazy. There are so many euro parts sitting on the self that I want and they mean nothing to him. Here's some pictures of his little shop

Last edited by Bennetts22@aol.com; 04-02-2009, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Hopefully those pictures werent taken too recently.. that motor is supposed to be in transit already.

Comment

these were from 2 years ago

Comment

Working...
                              X