Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird Fuel Pump Issue (M52)

Hello,
    My M52 swapped E30 have a weird issue with the fuel pump...
    I'm running a Walbro 255 with the stock wires and a 20a fuse.

Typically on a hot day after some drifting or just at high speed crusing my fuel pump stop working and come back to life after couple of minutes...

I've tried to replace the relay when that happened and sometimes it worked an sometimes not, I've replaced the
    fuel pump with the stock one and it keeps happening...

Anyone got any idea of what it can be?

Originally posted by noam.a. View Post
    Hello, My M52 swapped E30 have a weird issue with the fuel pump... I'm running a Walbro 255 with the stock wires and a 20a fuse. Typically on a hot day after some drifting or just at high speed crusing my fuel pump stop working and come back to life after couple of minutes... I've tried to replace the relay when that happened and sometimes it worked an sometimes not, I've replaced the fuel pump with the stock one and it keeps happening... Anyone got any idea of what it can be?
    Check and make sure the ground isn't shorting. Mine was shorting under the rear seat cushion where the wires were going to the fuel pump because of the sharp edge. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jjc034 View Post
      Check and make sure the ground isn't shorting. Mine was shorting under the rear seat cushion where the wires were going to the fuel pump because of the sharp edge. Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
      I'll check that but I think its something else cause when it happens everythong works except the fuel pump...
      how hard is to replace the wires from the fuse box to the fuel pump? And what wires gauge should I run?

Comment

Originally posted by noam.a. View Post
        I'll check that but I think its something else cause when it happens everythong works except the fuel pump... how hard is to replace the wires from the fuse box to the fuel pump? And what wires gauge should I run?
        With my fuel pump wires shorting, everything worked but the fuel pump Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
        X