4.10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30s52 View Post
    You will hate it. I tryed it in mine and it was horrible.
    I know, I'm planning on going back to a 3.73, but a good condition 3.73 + shipping just adds another $300-400 to the budget.

I want to at least get this bitch on the road!
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I just switched to a 3.73 from a 4.10. Cruising at 80 with the 4.10 was 3800 and now with the 3.73 I am cruising around 3400 or so.
      The 4.10's are going to get rebuild with thicker clutches and variable ramps. Then they might be put on the market. Oh, and if anyone wants it, I have a 3.25S sitting in the garage.
      My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
        I know, I'm planning on going back to a 3.73, but a good condition 3.73 + shipping just adds another $300-400 to the budget.

I want to at least get this bitch on the road!
        Right I know what you mean. I did the same thing. 1st gear was a waste no traction whats so ever and in the rain make sure to start in 2nd.

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

i do, i feel the M50 does better with a 3.73 The low end torque is a waste because you spend too much time shifting.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PiercedE30 View Post
            I just switched to a 3.73 from a 4.10. Cruising at 80 with the 4.10 was 3800 and now with the 3.73 I am cruising around 3400 or so.
            The 4.10's are going to get rebuild with thicker clutches and variable ramps. Then they might be put on the market. Oh, and if anyone wants it, I have a 3.25S sitting in the garage.

how much for the diff

and the e28 had a 3.91 lsd that fits in the e30

Comment

A guy here in Winston has a m50/260/4.10 combo, m3 cams, too. he loves it.

he's on r3v, but doesn't come here much. Jay, aka "lordofmpower', iirc
              1989 cirrisblau-metallic 325i

Comment

lol, my 4.10 non lsd from my 318is (Small case) did not last my s52 e30 5 minutes before jamming gears. if you can get traction it's super fun, well.. it's fun either way.. haha

s52 0-150mph & more http://www.youtube.com/loonibab325i

Comment

I just did a ton of work to my car-including bilstein sports, h&r sports, poly bushings, etc, and a 4.10. When I nail it in 1st it doesnt peel out, obviously if I clutch it it does. My car seems to be running great, its a vanos M50, g260 trans, and 4.10 lsd dif from a 91 is auto. I love the new gearing but was expecting more-I even have crap tires on right now!!

Comment

I have a 3.73 and it seems short as fuck, granted i came from a 2.93 and i always try to shift below 2k cuz im too broke for gas

86 Zinno es
                    M50 inside

Comment

I have the 4.10 w/ my 240/m50 combo and it's insanely short in 1st... I can't wait to switch to a 3.73.
                      http://www.jfalesphotography.com
                      91 318is m50nv - New toy/project
                      95 540i - Wife's DD

Comment

fuck the people bumping this pointlessness

and now ive bumped it again with this post...fuck

Comment

You have to be insane!

I have a 3.25 behind my OBDI S52, and at 70 MPH I am at 3200 rpms. It is not fun. A 4.10 would be absolutely ridiculous.
                          My previous build (currently E30-less)
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Not everybody uses an E36 transmission for DOHC swaps.

Comment

Working...
                            X