Starting my 24v swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting my 24v swap

So I got my hands on a 1995 525it with the m50b25 vanos for cheap. What better time to swap my E30’s then now. The e34 only had 98k in it so it’s a good motor for the job. I’m going to refresh the motor while it’s out (pulled it today). Anyone have any suggestions like if I should do a head gasket and timing chains while it’s out? If so what type and brands. Thinking about throwing a set of cams in it if anyone has a set they want to get rid of. Also considering throwing boost at it. I’ll be tack welding the oil pump but in the bottom end while I’m at it and refreshing the coolant system. Thanks!

What sort of condition is the 525it in? I'd stick with the touring myself rather than swap the 2.5L M50 into your e30 if its usable. You could just do a cam swap + a set of headers & an appropriate chip for the M20 & get the same performance or boost the M20.

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
      What sort of condition is the 525it in? I'd stick with the touring myself rather than swap the 2.5L M50 into your e30 if its usable. You could just do a cam swap + a set of headers & an appropriate chip for the M20 & get the same performance or boost the M20.

Too late already sawzalled the front of the touring off and pulled the motor out.

Comment

Fair enough - what car is it going in to, post up a few pics to document your swap (we love pics!)
        My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I wouldnt do HG and chains on a good condition motor with 80k, if you will be boosting it, that may change the HG needs depending on how much you plan on doing. Personally, would just do seals and timing chain tensioner.

Comment

Working...
          X