Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubleshoot me: Starter Solenoid Powered Up

Quick background with what I am dealing with:

E30 "E" chassis. M52 swap with an automatic harness. Laid the harness in, plugged everything in to its applicable locations. Attach the main power to the battery, then go to attach the engine harness to the main power slug on the firewall. As soon as I touch it, it instantly powers the starter solenoid. Ignition is not on. At that, I accidently smashed the tumbler to the ignition as I was removing my dash. Also, the ECU is not plugged in to the harness. Where have I gone wrong? I checked all my grounds, I have double checked the wiring. Anywhere I can be steered to start looking, I would greatly appreciate it.

To further the story, printed off some wiring schematics from wedophones, shows one lead from the ignition switch to the starter, big post being 12v battery supply and alternator, and the second post would be starter relay. Seeing that I have the C101/X20 connector hooked up, I should have the starter relay attached to the solenoid. By power of deduction, I am missing the ignition switch wire. Still dumbfounds me that I have a constant 12v trying to engage the starter. Is the relay wide open or something short somewhere?

Comment

Working...
    X