402/403 wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

402/403 wiring harness

Building an m50nv stroker with m54 internals. Curious if the non-vanos dme’s use interchangeable wiring harnesses. I know that the e34 harness is shorter than the e36, rather looking for whether a harness has to be specific to its dme. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My M50nv was pulled out of an E34,and currently use it with 402 from an E36. Everything is working fine!
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by PshlosE30 View Post
      My M50nv was pulled out of an E34,and currently use it with 402 from an E36. Everything is working fine!
      Was your harness the original to the dme or were they random? I’d like know if a 402 is used, does it only work with a 402 specific harness? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some months ago,i accidentally fried the 402 (i was welding a new negative bung on the chassis because the M10 had the engine ground strap on the left but the M50 had it to the right,so accidentally touched the strap with the stick welder and rip DME hahahaha ) and borrowed from a friend a 403 green label from 325is .. Everything was working perfect expect from the idle, it was floating between 800-1000... As for my harness,was the original that came with engine from E34,but i say it again,i used 402 (and 403 for some months) from E36...
        Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by PshlosE30 View Post
          Some months ago,i accidentally fried the 402 (i was welding a new negative bung on the chassis because the M10 had the engine ground strap on the left but the M50 had it to the right,so accidentally touched the strap with the stick welder and rip DME hahahaha ) and borrowed from a friend a 403 green label from 325is .. Everything was working perfect expect from the idle, it was floating between 800-1000... As for my harness,was the original that came with engine from E34,but i say it again,i used 402 (and 403 for some months) from E36...
          Ah thanks bud, wasn’t sure if they had to come as a pair. Glad to hear. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X