Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake booster one-way check valve - straight or 90 degree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake booster one-way check valve - straight or 90 degree?

I'm going to be running a modified E21 booster.

For those running swaps, did you use the straight one-way check valve on the booster or the 90 degree one-way check valve? Given space limitations, I'm thinking the 90 degree valve will be a better fit but can't find the part #.

Does anyone know what the part number is for #7? Realoem greys it out and doesn't show it.

If I fit a 90 degree one-way check valve designed for the E36 booster, would it fit the E21 gasket or do I need the E36 gasket (see part #6 below)?

Thanks,
    Mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	diag_3kq.png
Views:	446
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	9934846

FCP Euro has them ... Definitely go with the 90° Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Rockstar... thank you.

Does this work correctly with both brake booster seals (part #6 in my original pic) that go on the E21 booster (part #34336765316) or E36 booster (part #34331161985)? I bought the E21 booster rubber seal, but noting that the 90 degree check valve is designed for an E36 booster?

Originally posted by Sean S. View Post
      FCP Euro has them ... Definitely go with the 90° Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

I used two different 90 degree fittings on my booster for a better/tighter fit....the booster hose is pretty stiff and does not like to bend sharply without closing off or getting kinked.

The fittings are: 90 degree fitting at booster 34331158930 and 90 degree check valve 34331156579

In case you are wondering, the booster hose is part number 34331115926

Make sure to note arrows and the word "motor" on the check valve for proper orientation. I ran a short piece of hose off of the intake manifold to the 90 deg check and then a slightly longer section of hose to the 90 deg fitting at the booster. This leaves a lot more room for the throttle cable, reservoir, etc.

As far as I know, all the vacuum brake booster rubber grommet inner diameter is the same on all models...

MJ

Comment

Thanks MJ! Would love to see a pic of your setup if not too much trouble

Originally posted by mjweimer View Post
          I used two different 90 degree fittings on my booster for a better/tighter fit....the booster hose is pretty stiff and does not like to bend sharply without closing off or getting kinked.

The fittings are: 90 degree fitting at booster 34331158930 and 90 degree check valve 34331156579

In case you are wondering, the booster hose is part number 34331115926

Make sure to note arrows and the word "motor" on the check valve for proper orientation. I ran a short piece of hose off of the intake manifold to the 90 deg check and then a slightly longer section of hose to the 90 deg fitting at the booster. This leaves a lot more room for the throttle cable, reservoir, etc.

As far as I know, all the vacuum brake booster rubber grommet inner diameter is the same on all models...

MJ

Comment

Here is a picture.....best shot I could get, there is a lot of stuff that occupies the same area.

Hope this helps explain what I was talking about in my previous post.

MJ

Comment

Working...
            X