Buzzing ICV brake fuse #9?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buzzing ICV brake fuse #9?

I looked online and there are lots of info but I need clarifications since the issues and information is not like mine. I am utilizing information found, but it still has not resolve the issue at this time. What I have is an m50nv swapped into an early euro e30, 1984 323i. I’ve checked and double checked the harness splice and it is correct. Now the issue is, when I plug in any ecu and turn key to 2nd position, my fuse 9 blow and I hear a buzzing sound from the ICV. The DME relay is also clicking. When this happens, there appears to be power to my fuel pump even without the key in ignition. I noticed that if I unplug the battery and plug it back in, the fuel pump will turn on by itself with out key ignition. At this same situation, I noticed my Innovate wideband light will come on as well, but it’s wired to the green wire which is a 12v switch. This is telling that I have power to the 12v switch wires. I will have to trace all my wiring again to see if there is a short somewhere or a broken ground or a wire I skipped. But has anyone experienced something similar to what I’m going through? Again, fuse 9 gets blown, icv buzzing, dme relay clicking, 12v switch stays hot even with no key in ignition. Thanks

I can't help with your other issues, however I can say that the ICV is supposed to buzz when the key is in position 2. Maybe that helps you narrow down things to look at. Did you try testing relays to make sure none are stuck? Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    (OO=[][]=OO) For Life

Comment

I have a box of relays and yes, I’ve tried many and results are the same, blowing up fuse #9. I am going to recheck my wiring again, there must be a short somewhere. I am pretty sure it’s splice correctly but I will recheck again.

Comment

Can someone check this to see if this is correct? My E30 has the old rectangular harness clip. Another person to view this will help me confirm i am correct. My car did not come with AC, radiator temp switch, idle control module, or power steering. Again, the motor is m50nv and yes the harness is nonvanos. Fuel pump works, no spark, 12v switch is no longer a switch but is actively full 12v as soon as I plug the battery in.

i have 3 ECU that I've checked with and it is doing the same. I also have a KDFI unit that i've tried and it did something funny, it turned on the fuel pump while plugging in the battery.

I am starting to think the wire harness is wired wrong. The grounding wires from the harness are wired/grounded correctly. Fuse 9 blows when ignition is in 2nd position. Fuse 23 blows when i pull the lights, i have no cluster light.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by mini612; 07-24-2020, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X