M52 with an M50 DME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M52 with an M50 DME?

Please don't shoot me as it's my first post here, and I I'm sure I suck at searching, but didn't find anything related. I just picked up an M52 swapped coupe and had the DME scanned. It came up with an M50B25 DME? Is that a thing to do with M52's? I'm new to the e30 scene, coming from the e92 M3 world, so it's steep learning curve. any help would be appreciated. I was told it's been chipped, but nt sure how to tell either.

If your M52 engine has been converted to OBD1, the M50 "413" DME will work (commonly paired with a custom chip for M52 & S52 OBD1 swaps). If you remove the ECU from the glove box and remove the top cover off the ECU, you should be able to identify if there's an aftermarket chip installed (they often have the tuner's label/sticker on it).

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
      If your M52 engine has been converted to OBD1, the M50 "413" DME will work (commonly paired with a custom chip for M52 & S52 OBD1 swaps). If you remove the ECU from the glove box and remove the top cover off the ECU, you should be able to identify if there's an aftermarket chip installed (they often have the tuner's label/sticker on it).
      I just got in touch with the previous owner and he told me that is the case. I guess it was chipped by SSquid, I 'll have to look for it.

Comment

Working...
      X