Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much have you paid for the flash in your S54 DME for a swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much have you paid for the flash in your S54 DME for a swap?

I'm asking what people paid as I want to figure out what price I'd have to offer this for to get 90% of the swap customers using me instead of shipping their DME to Europe and back.

I'm willing beat the price the Euopean guys are charging, plus shipping will be faster, plus the turn-around time will be less!

I'm ready to flash your S54 DME right now! And just tell me which codes you would like suppressed and I'll make sure all of those are inactive.

A few years ago I was planning to charge $2500 as a well known company in the USA charges $3K, but I want to capture the market so will drop it to match what you guys pay if you ship to Europe, and then some.

MarkD
    URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

in for this

Originally posted by Roysneon
    $5 shipped?
    Originally posted by MarkD
    You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

I seem to remember reading on s14.net that the guy in Germany charges somewhere between 1-1.5k for it. But don't quote me on that...

Comment

Speaking personally, a price in that range would be very enticing and would probably be the final push for me to go with an s54 instead of the planned s52.

Comment

Originally posted by brian52555 View Post
          I seem to remember reading on s14.net that the guy in Germany charges somewhere between 1-1.5k for it. But don't quote me on that...

1500 sounds right as that was what I thought as well. BUT I wasn't sure on shipping, currency exchange rates, and what all was included. Then again, I may be completely off base.

Originally posted by Roysneon
          $5 shipped?
          Originally posted by MarkD
          You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

For what it's worth to add into the equation, Bimmerworld's $3k-ish DME flash includes the wiring modification. I'm pretty sure the UK guy (Oliver iirc) and German guy offer wiring info/directions with their DME flashes (or so I've been told via several people). This is good to hear though. I'm in the market right now and I've been weighing the pros and cons of at least 10 options for the last 2-3 months.

In for more info.. Ryan

Comment

I would consider an S54 swap at 1,000. Any more than that and Ill stick to an S50. Not saying it isn't worth more than 1,000, but I would be more inclined to consider everything at that price. My .02.

Jim H.

Comment

1750-1950. with such a swap its not going to be a deal breaker.
                sigpic
                New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
                %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by rThor432 View Post
                  For what it's worth to add into the equation, Bimmerworld's $3k-ish DME flash includes the wiring modification. I'm pretty sure the UK guy (Oliver iirc) and German guy offer wiring info/directions with their DME flashes (or so I've been told via several people). This is good to hear though. I'm in the market right now and I've been weighing the pros and cons of at least 10 options for the last 2-3 months.

In for more info.. Ryan
                  I can offer all the wiring info also, but I'd rather find a way to supply the wiring mod. I have heard from some who bought the Bi..er....d flash and cable that there is very little to the cable they supply.

Comment

Originally posted by ZM Blue Devil View Post
                    1750-1950. with such a swap its not going to be a deal breaker.
                    Levent,

if you could sell them at that price that would be great. I'd set you up to flash the DME's at your location. You could be the sole flasher of the MarkD S54 swap tunes in the USA. There's absolutely no need to ship DME's to Europe when we can flash them over here.

Mark

Comment

Score for GPS, unless you are also looking for a Western USA location as well, Having two locations would really help cut down on shipping time even more!

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                        Score for GPS, unless you are also looking for a Western USA location as well, Having two locations would really help cut down on shipping time even more!
                        I'm not sure I need a Western location as most people actually aren't in a big rush to have the DME flashed. I can easily see someone sending in a DME and it gets shipped back out 2 or 3 days later. ( that's because I have to individually process each file when I have time) If someone needs faster service they can use Fedex and have it there overnight and I could have a file ready within 24 hours. I already have a business relationship with GPS, so I might as well use them.

Comment

I was just putting myself out there. I totally understand, when s54 swaps really take off in the next 6-24 months, and surpass the single VANOS 24v swaps, maybe I can be at the top of the list. I'll still be wanting to work with you for your products from my location otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
                            I was just putting myself out there. I totally understand, when s54 swaps really take off in the next 6-24 months, and surpass the single VANOS 24v swaps, maybe I can be at the top of the list. I'll still be wanting to work with you for your products from my location otherwise.
                            Sure we can talk about that in the future. I see you have just got a location, I didn't know about that. For now I want to keep the flashing in just one or two locations.

Comment

Can anyone tell me why it costs so much to flash a S54 DME vs $250-$350 to flash a M54/M52/S52 DME?

Comment

Working...
                              X