Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some clarity.

Wiring for the ac.
    I'm incorporating a 4 prong relay as instructed.
    Pin 30 = switched power
    Pin 85 = switched power
    Pin 86 = DME ground (pin 29 on x60004)
    Pin 87 = Compressor clutch

Then I need to connect the blue wire (pin 3) to pin 2 on the snowflake.

Lastly I need to connect the green wire (pin 4) to pin 1 on the c110 connector? Where is the c110 connector?

Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by iliad View Post
      I need some clarity.

Wiring for the ac.
      I'm incorporating a 4 prong relay as instructed.
      Pin 30 = switched power
      Pin 85 = switched power
      Pin 86 = DME ground (pin 29 on x60004)
      Pin 87 = Compressor clutch

Lastly I need to connect the green wire (pin 4) to pin 1 on the c110 connector? Where is the c110 connector?

Is this correct?
      That is correct for the relay. I'll be at my desk later this morning and can post additional detail on the other questions.

Comment

correct

I'll revise the docs as there is likely an easier place to tap into it. It is the wire that used to run to the compressor clutch and old DME, also available at C206 and C136:

Comment

Ok thanks.

I got it wired up last night, some day this week I'll get the ac system charged and test it.

Please let me know how to proceed to get my electric fan controller to work.
          Thanks.

Comment

Ok thanks.

I got it wired up last night, some day this week I'll get the ac system charged and test it.

Please let me know how to proceed to get my electric fan controller to work.
            Thanks.
            PMs replied, we will get your fan working.

Comment

All outstanding orders are shipping today. I have enough parts on hand to ship 2 more right now.

Comment

1 more ready to ship, will have a few more in about a week.

Comment

Originally posted by gpeterson View Post
                  All outstanding orders are shipping today. I have enough parts on hand to ship 2 more right now.
                  Got mine. Looks great!
                  1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
                  1985 535is Zinno on Black
                  1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
                  1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
                  1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Looks like a quality product. Will definitely buy soon as I am done.

Comment

I've got 3 ready to ship now, will have 3 more on Tuesday.

Comment

I'm now including a USB cable in case we need to change the CAN board programming after shipping.

If anyone ordered in the past and would like a USB cable please PM me.

Comment

It is getting hot, people need A/C, I have two more on hand and ready to ship!

Comment

I've updated the software so that it keeps DME is happy enough to carry out periodic DTML tests. This will allow OBD2 evap readiness to be set if you are going for a legal swap (even in California) and have installed the DMTL pump.
                            Last edited by gpeterson; 06-09-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Interested in purchasing one.

I have an E30 with an S50B30 setup. Compressor is from an E36 everything else is E30, but for R134.

System works, but having the problem where the idle doesn't bump with the A/C on and it stalls occasionally when disengaging the car to come to a stop.

Comment

Originally posted by rdc View Post
                                Interested in purchasing one.

I have an E30 with an S50B30 setup. Compressor is from an E36 everything else is E30, but for R134.

System works, but having the problem where the idle doesn't bump with the A/C on and it stalls occasionally when disengaging the car to come to a stop.
                                The CAN interface won't help you there - it is for newer DMEs. I haven't looked into it much but there is likely a much easier solution to adapt E30 A/C signals to older DMEs. I'll respond to your PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X