Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 E30 with E46 M3 PWM fan

Hi gentlemen
    I'm busy with my S54 swap and i have basically got the motor in and started and I'm still busy with A/C fitment and some other wiring
    I'm using the PWM AUX fan from the E46 M3 and also using the E46 M3 Radiator
    I'm having a problem seeing any reading from "Radiator outlet temperature sensor " on INPA as it shows a temp of !-48
    From what i understand is that this is what gives feed back to the ECU to trigger the fan
    i have tried different sensor from another car a d its still the same and i have also gone through the PATCHES applied on the DTCs and none of these sensors were PATCHED
    Any idea what could be wrong ?

A very low temperature like that typically means the sensing circuit is open-circuit. If trying a different sensor doesn't fix the problem, something is likely mis-wired.

Comment

I have checked the wiring and the Ground to sensor is pin no 38 and Signal is no 39 . Is there any other DTCs that could have coded out from the DME that could be giving me this issue ?

Comment

I have no idea how you've wired up the car, but that sensor is found in the lower radiator hose on the R46 M3. WHy not run the sensor so the ECU and fan is happy?
        My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

I have wired the car using R3Z3N's swap guide found on here The sensor that i am using is the sensor on the lower hose found on the E46 M3 along with the e46 M3 radiator

Comment

Working...
          X