S38 on Megasquirt

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Haruki Wiring Solutions

    If you have something that you could share about it, I think it would be helpful for the community. It's a little bit hard to find good info about these engines.

    It's even harder to find anything about the B38. I think it only came in the e34 M5 in germany (we have a couple of them in Brazil). All the wiring diagrams I could find are in german and it took me a lot of time to translate it.
    What are you searching?

    Leave a comment:


  • Haruki Wiring Solutions
    replied
    Originally posted by e30m3s54turbo
    My s38 b36 turbo is running on Mega squirt II. I’m planning to buy
    Mega squirt III. I had some one wire up s38 to match my e30. I think I still have the sheet he sent me.
    If you have something that you could share about it, I think it would be helpful for the community. It's a little bit hard to find good info about these engines.

    It's even harder to find anything about the B38. I think it only came in the e34 M5 in germany (we have a couple of them in Brazil). All the wiring diagrams I could find are in german and it took me a lot of time to translate it.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Haruki Wiring Solutions
    We are installing a FuelTech FT550 into a M5 E34 S38B38.
    It's very hard to find any info about this engine electronics over the internet (the best I could find is a wiring diagram in german). What I could also find out is that the 1995 S38B36 uses an ECU with the same 88 pin connector and most of it's pins are in the same arrangement as the B38 ECU.

    When we finish this project I will share some videos / pictures over here.
    My s38 b36 turbo is running on Mega squirt II. I’m planning to buy
    Mega squirt III. I had some one wire up s38 to match my e30. I think I still have the sheet he sent me.

    Leave a comment:


  • Haruki Wiring Solutions
    replied
    We are installing a FuelTech FT550 into a M5 E34 S38B38.
    It's very hard to find any info about this engine electronics over the internet (the best I could find is a wiring diagram in german). What I could also find out is that the 1995 S38B36 uses an ECU with the same 88 pin connector and most of it's pins are in the same arrangement as the B38 ECU.

    When we finish this project I will share some videos / pictures over here.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Bumping old thread.
    Im using MSII on my s38 turbo e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • downforce22
    replied
    i dont think you will be able to run it motronic 1.0 35 pin 079 ecu because you need the 60-2 trigger wheel and crank sensor. M1.0 uses 2 sensors in the bellhousing instead of 1 on the front the crank. You would need the s38b36 350 ecu and associated parts or retrofit a 60-2 toothed wheel and crank sensor from m30b35/s38b36

    Leave a comment:


  • E30mpd
    replied
    Bumping old thread .. anyone successfully get megasquirt running on their s38b35 35pin ?

    Leave a comment:


  • e30m3s54turbo
    replied
    Any up dates on s38?

    Leave a comment:


  • The Dark Side of Will
    replied
    Originally posted by TimiMB
    If I remove the distributor cap from B36 and upgrade with the B38 cam sensor, I just buy OEM B38 rotor, cam sensor, cover, drive flange and that's it all?? and Sprocket exhaust??

    Judging by this: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=11_1260
    Yes, it looks like you can just buy the parts.

    Leave a comment:


  • nogapersnBMWs
    replied
    How's this going, any progress with MS2 on S38?

    My favorite build in your well-stocked stable Ted.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimiMB
    replied
    If I remove the distributor cap from B36 and upgrade with the B38 cam sensor, I just buy OEM B38 rotor, cam sensor, cover, drive flange and that's it all?? and Sprocket exhaust??

    Leave a comment:


  • TimiMB
    replied
    Thanks ja burna I will contact:)

    Leave a comment:


  • ja burna
    replied
    I got mine from www.bimmerheads.com or you can contact magnus racing team (MRT) who is located in Nokia Finland.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimiMB
    replied
    Hello
    I have a S38B36 Euro engine and I will upgrade with VEMS electronics
    I have questions about where can I buy an intake cam position sensor setup, for my 3.6 ??
    or it's fits from S38B38 cam cover and sensor??

    thanks for the reply

    Leave a comment:


  • downforce22
    replied
    Great question and I don't know the answer. I would expect the pulley to line up with the timing cover because the S38 is basically the same engine as the m30, so the harmonic toothed balancer from the m30b35 should tie in directly with the s38b35 smooth harmonic balancer.

    For reference, my '86 325iX came with a 35 pin motronic 1.0 ecu. I retrofitted a later motronic 1.3 55 pin engine harness to the car so I could run megasquirt. The car came with a smooth harmonic balancer and I had to put the later e30 toothed 60-2 wheel on the car. The toothed wheel bolted right up with the centering hole/pin. It was in the exact same orientation as the later motronic 1.3 cars and even had the threaded holes for the CPS bracket to bolt up to. I used a base setup and that has worked great ever since.

    I know my brothers e24 is using motronic 1.0 enginer harness with a db37 adapter to run megasquirt and he had to fit the 60-2 wheel from the m30b35. Here is a good refernce. I believe the base timing (offset etc setttings) were different from the e30's setting but am not 100% sure that the information in this thread is correct. See for more details.

    Leave a comment:

Working...