Coolant temp sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coolant temp sensor?

My engine light came on..went to my friends shop and hooked up the scanner to it.."fault code" coolant temp sensor
    I looked up the part number through realoem(1710512).. I looked it up in a few websites to find cheapest price..Pelican has the part labeled as" temperature sending unit" are they the same part? The part number matches but different part names.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GS4 Active
    '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
    '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

The one you have listed is the water temp sensor for the temperature gauge in your cluster. The blue sensor (13-62-1-357-414) with 2 contacts is the water temp sensor that feed the ECU and affects fuel mixture. Is your gauge not reading correctly?

Comment

sensor or sender ?

I'm not wanting to split hairs but I call it this way . A Sensor is for injection system (reading) and a Sender is for the dash gauge ,fuel & temp.

Comment

Originally posted by vpilarrt View Post
        The one you have listed is the water temp sensor for the temperature gauge in your cluster. The blue sensor (13-62-1-357-414) with 2 contacts is the water temp sensor that feed the ECU and affects fuel mixture. Is your gauge not reading correctly?
        According to realoem the part# I listed in the first post is the coolant temp sensor..the picture is of the sensor listed in the post..I pulled off the sensor off my car and parts number match..are you saying this is not the coolant temp sensor? The gauge is Reading fine but my engine light is on and the fault code reads bad coolant temp sensor

Sent from my GS4 Active

Comment

There are two part numbers listed for callout 12: the 512 and the 511.

As mentioned above, the 414 sensor is shown in callout 13.

There's also callout 16, but that wasn't used in the 5/88 production that I picked at random.
          Not all of the sensors depicted will be present in all models, as they changed through the production run with engine management.

Are those 12 or 14mm straight threads?

GM has a 3 wire sensor that does 5V and return for ECM/DME and 12V to ground for gauge in one unit.

Comment

I called the dealer yesterday...the sensor that ends in 512 got replaced by 511....512 is no longer available according to bmw..even though I did a quick Google search and was able to find sensor with 512 though Amazon...but my original question is why different place have listed with different names if is the same part?
            I have a 91ix btw

Sent from my GS4 Active

Comment

Working...
            X