Lifetime front axle boots

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Yeah i thought of that, if silicone was the best material in boots, car manufacturers would probably put that on their cars from the factory :P But mine is mounted on the car so ill try them out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmer_man
    replied
    So I talked with a few people and silicone is not the way to go. They have excellent heat resistance but do tent to rip. So I'm looking into a better compound to get a boot that's heat resistant resistant to ripping and will not be broken down by the axle grease.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmer_man
    replied
    I'm going to see what I can come up with I'm seeing some interests in this idea. I'll let you all know what I come up with.

    Leave a comment:


  • nomansland92
    replied
    I'm on my second pair in 3 years, interested to see what you come up with

    Leave a comment:


  • Nisse Järnet
    replied
    Originally posted by Joseph~
    Would You have a part number available for this E34 heat shield?

    Thank You
    Joseph
    This one I think: 11 81 1 140 044
    I can take a pic on the one I have later.
    I don't think it will fit on a E30 though.
    Last edited by Nisse Järnet; 01-23-2015, 02:46 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    the shield is for the motor mount. there's no shield for the CV boot on the E30.

    Leave a comment:


  • madman23
    replied
    My IX came with a heat shield for that one. That isnt the one that keeps going. Drivers side outer I have done twice in the 8 years I have had the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Joseph~
    replied
    Originally posted by Nisse Järnet
    The E34 got a heat shield for that boot stock :)
    Would You have a part number available for this E34 heat shield?

    Thank You
    Joseph

    Leave a comment:


  • Nisse Järnet
    replied
    The E34 got a heat shield for that boot stock :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmer_man
    replied
    sorry if this sounds stupid but the heat shield is for the headers/exhaust right? if thats what actually is killing these boots then ill figure out a way to shield it unless there is one already.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    The outter one doesn't seem to fail (never had one go in over 10 years). Its always the inner passenger side. Honestly, i think a heat shield would be a better investment.

    Leave a comment:


  • flyboyx
    replied
    Originally posted by Nisse Järnet
    I got these for the outer http://m.ebay.com/itm/131141601264?nav=SEARCH and these for the inner http://m.ebay.com/itm/151386002489?nav=SEARCH
    You have to check the measurements though as I fitted them on E34 axles.
    There is more on Ebay :)
    the inner one will probably fit an e30. i don't think the outer will though. the diameter is smaller on the e30.

    Leave a comment:


  • madman23
    replied
    Count me in!!

    Leave a comment:


  • Nisse Järnet
    replied
    I got these for the outer http://m.ebay.com/itm/131141601264?nav=SEARCH and these for the inner http://m.ebay.com/itm/151386002489?nav=SEARCH
    You have to check the measurements though as I fitted them on E34 axles.
    There is more on Ebay :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmer_man
    started a topic Lifetime front axle boots

    Lifetime front axle boots

    So I've made a few calls and I may be able to get front boots made that will be LIFETIME boots. The rubber would be a custom material that is :

    Heat resistant
    Resistant to ripping
    And petroleum products will not brake them down

    I'm going to be getting a mold made soon and have the boots made and install them on my own car. I will not sell them till I have tested them for 5k miles or more.

    If you are interested please list your user name. This is not a group buy yet. I need to know who's interested. Please let me know what you would be willing to pay for these please be serious I am investing my own money to bring a product to the ix market that I'm sure all of us are sick of doing.

    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    5.
    6.
    Last edited by Bimmer_man; 01-29-2015, 01:56 PM.
Working...