Converting back from rwd to awd and keeping the M50TU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting back from rwd to awd and keeping the M50TU

Since the car was converted by previous owner to a M50 RWD e30, i'm planing to reverse all he did and make it IX again.

the ZF gearbox is holding on the floor pan with two big bots going through it, it's a damn horror image.

Parts found: front CV Axles, 3.64 front diff (already have the rear 3.64 diff), two manual gearboxes, 3 transfer cases, front and rear driveshafts, also found 4 rear and front 3.91 diffs (maybe for dark times).
    Parts that i also need:oil pan, ...... you guys tell me :(

The plan:

Using the M50 engine and standalone management i already have (maybe also turbocharge it in the future)

Find oil pan to frankenbuild M50 pan, fit the M50 on the IX drive train.

On braking, thinking of doing a 5 lug conversion with breaks from e46xi using also the outer CV joints combined with new custom fabricated shafts that will connect with the inner cv joints (found a place that builds custom shafts). Not sure if the e30 ix arms will fit fine or i will have to fabricate custom adjutable arms.

also thinking of fitting the standalone asc/dsc kit for even better handling: https://www.facebook.com/bmwm3motors...16131098581710

If anyone knows any threads with already documented M50 swaps please point me in the right direction.

e34 ix front hubs will fit in an e30 ix strut with no modification other than the abs brake ring.

don't bother with anything e46. too different and too difficult to modify to make work.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Looking into it, don’t seem to find any e34’s here in Romania. Also some parts will be remanufactured an will be available for sale for other members also

Comment

Working...
      X