Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i can't find anything on this question i have!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't find anything on this question i have!

okay can anyone tell me do i need to remove the transfer case to change out the mount or does the housing come off separate so i can replace the mount and bolt it back in? i couldn't get the car up high enough to really get a good look.

Originally posted by Cowboy.Jim View Post
    okay can anyone tell me do i need to remove the transfer case to change out the mount or does the housing come off separate so i can replace the mount and bolt it back in? i couldn't get the car up high enough to really get a good look.
    I removed mine from the ground. It's not the most fun job, but totally doable. You'll remove the brace and then you'll have access to the mount. You might even have to lower the exhaust depending on your setup.

Comment

If you have the special tool you can do it on the car, but I doubt you will find one of those. I took mine to the dealer as they said they could do it for me. Tech didn't have the right tool and broke the case getting it in. BMW wouldn't replace anything either so I had to buy a new TC and install it myself. What a cluster!
      The difference between porcupines and BMWs is that porcupines have the pricks on the outside!

Comment

Working...
      X