Euro Bumpers or Plastic Bumpers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Bumpers or Plastic Bumpers?

So, being the general dumbass that I am, I was outside the office, having a smoke, when I noticed a coworkers '85 316i.. Upon closer inspection i noticed that he has Euro bumpers. Then in a flood of memories, i realized that all E30's that were sold here were Euro spec, and that scoring a decent pair of Euro bumpers shouldn't be that hard..

So, my questions are... Should I go euro or plastic? How hard is it to mount euro bumpers on a cabrio?

Any Ideas?
    1988 325iC - "Betty" - Daily Driver/Project Car.
    1993 318i - "The Golden Dream" - Dad's Car.
    1995 318ti - "Hellrot" - R.I.P.

If all cars sold there are EU spec then why do you need them? They should already be there. 88 cars were plastic bumpers everywhere except US and Canada.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

My car came from the US.

Comment

Plastic bumpers fit on cabrio's with out issues due to low rear wheel arches. So that answers the question. Yes they will go on with no issues.

Comment

Well, um.. I know plastic bumpers will fit, I was asking about the Euro bumpers.. the thin chrome ones.. :P

And also i was asking for opinions.. I normally don't like chrome, but it fits E30 cabrio's so well.. dunno whether to keep the car chrome-ish or plastic...

and since I can't make my mind up i thought i'd ask for opinions :P

Comment

Originally posted by PanamaE30
            Well, um.. I know plastic bumpers will fit, I was asking about the Euro bumpers.. the thin chrome ones.. :P

And also i was asking for opinions.. I normally don't like chrome, but it fits E30 cabrio's so well.. dunno whether to keep the car chrome-ish or plastic...

and since I can't make my mind up i thought i'd ask for opinions :P
            No they wont fit. They will leave gaps as the plastics are designed to be wider. They will not line up but if things are the way they always have been in Panama buy them anyway and experiment as they're cheap.

Comment

Hehe.. Funny you should mention that..

Just got a tip from my co-worker on where to find cheap used bmw parts...

gonna see if I do my M50 swap and five lug.. rather do those first.

Odd though, I was just looking at the other thread where someone's girlfriend's car has euro bumpers.. course it's got an m-tech kit too, but it didn't look outta place...

Comment

Oops, my bad, they're plastic :P

Comment

There are euros for convertibles, Chris had them on his car and were painted bodycolor before he did the mtec2 swap. I doubt they would be as easy to find as plastic bumpers since they were only made a short time.
                  Im now E30less.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X