Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now need to wash every pair of pants I own. I kept reading and figured I should change pants as I soil them. This is just too beautiful to be accurately subscribed. I'm also 4 hours late for work.

Comment

wow.
      8380 Laboratories
      M3 Champs Poster

Comment

My jaw is still on the floor..
        Any updates?
        1989 M3
        2008 135i 6sp

Comment

Well I now know how some things come apart I've been wondering about.

Also my head is cue to explode soon...

Comment

I'm dying to know what happens next! You've only got the engine I believe.
            971-295-7077

91' 318i

Comment

i just spent all day reading this thread. I know that when you start fixing something, one often says "oh, while I'm in there I might as well fix this", but this is "while I'm in there" taken to the extreme!

You sir, are epic.

(STICKY NOW!!)

Comment

Thanks for the kinds words folks, sorry for the delay on updates, having some technical
                difficulties. As Mastercard and I are no longer on speaking terms I've had to divert some
                time to earning cash rather than spending it on this bloody car. Have enough engine
                parts here now to make a start on the rebuild, so, should have some more dribble up
                in the next fortnight.

Comment

man ive been waiting on a update to this for a month! whats happening over there?
                  "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
                  Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post
                    man ive been waiting on a update to this for a month! whats happening over there?
                    He's working his ass off to buy more expensive metal and plastic bits with BMW on them.
                    Originally posted by george graves
                    If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

Originally posted by Beach Bum View Post
                      He's working his ass off to buy more expensive metal and plastic bits with BMW on them.
                      :D thats a pretty accurate description of the situation. Also having a some
                      complications with the engine parts i.e. one part has to go away for
                      machine work and then has to be measured upon return before the next
                      part can be ordered up, which slows things down a lot.
                      All will be explained as time goes on..........

Comment

hey xworks,

Just had to say thanks for this awesome restoration. I keep finding myself coming back to it to figure out how stuff is taken apart and put back.

I gotta quick question. When taking the chassis wiring out do i have to pull the entire cabin wiring through that hole in the firewall? It seems to be attaching to the fuse box and doesnt look like it will be coming off. And i cant really pull the fuse box into the cabin. Is this right or is there something im missing.

Comment

that transmission rebuild gives a whole new definition to 'automotive art'. beautiful, mechanical art.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words lads, much appreciated.

On the cabin wiring, it all has to pull out through that
                            hole in the bulkhead into the engine bay. The fusebox stays connected
                            to the loom. There's a few things in the cabin that can plug out of the
                            main loom to make it easier ie. ignition switch loom, wiper stalk loom etc.,
                            but whats left has to go out through that hole. It helps if you stick a bit of
                            tape on the various disconected plugs and write a good description
                            of what and where the plugs goes on return.
                            The more time you spend taking the loom out carefully the faster it'll be
                            going back in.

Comment

I see. Twenty years and the wires dont wana move. Guess ill get the hair dryer out and warm up the wires so they move a little better. Just hope all the tape doesnt rip off when going through.

Thanks again.

Comment

Best...thread...EVER!

Comment

Working...
                                X