X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I havent had a wet dream in years....until now:D

Comment

Finally saw this thread and I must say - after spending the last 1.5 hrs scanning it - you are an inspiration my friend!!

AWESOME JOB!!!!

I will be keeping an eye on this one. Thank you for being so thorough - some amazing information in this post of yours!
      - Sean Hayes

Comment

Your rebuild is something I would like to aspire to do one day my self, it is truly very inspiration, maybe even a bit emotional.

Thank you very much for the time and effort you have put into the DIY part of you rebuild. I realise this requires you to take a lot more time to develop this part which is un-productive for you and dose not benefit you in anyway. But the E30 community will be forever grateful in what you have done for us thanks again.

I would like to ask the moderators to put this into its own forum. This is truly an epic thread and anyone who donates this much of there time to us should be rewarded with something of similar magnitude. That is why I suggest its own forum this is way beyond a sticky.

I noticed some of the pictures did not work a few pages back can these be uploaded on to the R3V server so they will be there for ever.

Massimo :D
        sigpic

Comment

this has got to be the most thorough build i have EVER seen!

Full Build Thread Here

Comment

OMFG! THis is the most epic thread i've ever seen. My jaw was open the entire time! Wow!!
            E30 | E46 | E53 | F31

Collection of my DIY Guides here

Comment

Been a bit of a gap since the last update so I
              thought I better make a short post to update the situation.
              The cylinder head returned from England shortly before christmas
              and we're just waiting on one final parcel from the states (seems
              to have got caught up in the xmas backlog at the post office) so we can
              make the final spec's for ordering the pistons. After they're ordered
              there'll probably be a 5 or 6 week wait till they get delivered and then
              the final assembly can start.

Have a lot of the pre assembly work done.....

but, I've decided not to post anything up till the engine is actually bolted together.
              That way, hopefully, the thread shall read in order of when each
              engine job should be done as the build comes together, not arse about
              tit if I started slapping things up now.

It's taken two and a half years to get to this point, so,
              in all honesty, theres not much point rushing now.........

Happy Halloween to all and thanks again for all the
              kind words. :drink:

Comment

Originally posted by xworks View Post
                Been a bit of a gap since the last update so I
                thought I better make a short post to update the situation.
                The cylinder head returned from England shortly before christmas
                and we're just waiting on one final parcel from the states (seems
                to have got caught up in the xmas backlog at the post office) so we can
                make the final spec's for ordering the pistons. After they're ordered
                there'll probably be a 5 or 6 week wait till they get delivered and then
                the final assembly can start.

Have a lot of the pre assembly work done.....

but, I've decided not to post anything up till the engine is actually bolted together.
                That way, hopefully, the thread shall read in order of when each
                engine job should be done as the build comes together, not arse about
                tit if I started slapping things up now.

It's taken two and a half years to get to this point, so,
                in all honesty, theres not much point rushing now.........

Happy Halloween to all and thanks again for all the
                kind words. :drink:
                When you get all the parts, please just add them to the table and take a nice, wide, high resolution photo for my desktop. Please. Please please please please please.

I'm begging you.
                Originally posted by george graves
                If people keep quoting me in their sig, I'm going to burn this motherfucker down.

Comment

+1

Comment

Xworks what material did you use for the seat inserts? the middle part of the seats. any idea where to get something close to what you got installed? Im trying to reupholster my seats and the only thing holding me up is i cant find material for the middle sections. bolsters im getting done in a high quality vynil, i heard leather doesnt hold up as well and is more expensive. Thanks

1989 Zinno 325i S50 ZF320

Comment

Just confirming that this is probably the best thread on the internet..

Amazing job and probably gives other folks a lot of confidence to tackle some of this work themselves when they'd probably never considered it in the past. Basically a step by step e30 resto process laid out so practically any fool could follow and achieve a competent and reliable result.

Will be following this thread and like most others watching I will benefit from your skill, enthusiasm, and ability to convey accuracy in layman's terms in every post.

Again, well done, thank you, and good luck.

Comment

To Airplanebuilder sincerest apologies for not replying till now, usually I get an email
                        if theres a reply to this thread but for some reason I never got one after your reply.
                        On the subject of the cloth used for the centre sections on the seats I'm afraid I've
                        got to apologise again, I don't know the exact name of it. I remember at the time the
                        lad who done it telling me it was material used in VW's, but thats all.

To Sonic Attack, much appreciated, thank you.

Comment

Stunning, I just read this thread front to back.
                          Then I went out and fixed my heaterswitch ( now works on all four positions ), renewed my rear topmounts and put in new front disks + brakes. This thread is the bigges and best how-to I have ever read, period.
                          I'm eagerly awaiting the engine build and the final result.
                          U will have the "newest" M3 E30 worldwide.

I take my hat of to U sir.

Comment

Amazing

Nothing to add except my own amazement at the thoroughness of this project, and at the incredible documentation that has been shared with us.

This thread should be automatically subscribed for every E30 owner. It's that good.

Thank you for doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by unome View Post
                              Nothing to add except my own amazement at the thoroughness of this project, and at the incredible documentation that has been shared with us.

This thread should be automatically subscribed for every E30 owner. It's that good.

Thank you for doing this.
                              This is one of the best first posts, I doubt you will need to ask about anything now.
                              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

wow...:crazy:

Amazing thread.

What's going on with it now?

Comment

Working...
                                X